BlueWave Studio forum
No music/audio using andriod auto - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Android Auto (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-79.html)
+--- Thread: No music/audio using andriod auto (/thread-769.html)

No music/audio using andriod auto - Wesley_125 - 04-27-2019

Hello first of all I want to say this is really a great build and I totally love it! But unfortunately I'm having some troubles. First thing everything I wanted working works just fine. Only android auto does not work. I still have my original radio (freelander 2 2014) I use bluetooth to stream my music. I'm using dual audio for this. So basically, phone is connected to open auto pro so the program sees what music I'm playing and I can hit next or pause. And receive or make calls. The original radio is also connected to play the music and recieve or make calls. This all works out great. But the problems starts when I connect andriod auto using USB. I than cant hear any music/audio although I can see that the songs are playing. Even if I use Google assistant I get no audio. But if I make a command Google assistant does what it needs to do but with no audio. If I have USB connected and don't run AA I don't have any problems.

The things I tried:

-different USB cables

-connecting only 1bluetooth device

-connecting open auto to the original radio

-when making a voice command try to increase volume

-checking the 'do not disturb' mode is blocking audio

-repairing phone and radio

- using other version of AA

I tried almost everything I can't think of without any luck its driving me crazy and can't find any solution to make this work and I really want to get this to work.

Some info:

-raspberry pie

-open auto pro latest updated installed

- phone Samsung s8+ running latest pie update

-original radio Land Rover freelander 2 2014 with small head unit.

-latest update of andriod auto

-power supply for raspberry 12v to 5V max 3.5 A

-using bluetooth to transfer music.

Can somebody please help me? Its driving me crazy that I can't get it fixed I hope some one can help me. Thanks in advance. And sorry for my English.

Re: No music/audio using andriod auto - BlueWave - 04-27-2019

If we understand your approach correctly, you want to display Android Auto interface on the Raspberry PI screen but play all the sound (music, navigation instructions, assistant voice) over built-in Bluetooth of your car? If yes, then you have to disable music and speech audio channels (Settings -> Audio). Once they are disabled, Android Auto will stream sound through the phone. So if phone is connected to the Bluetooth device that can play sound, then it will be used.

Re: No music/audio using andriod auto - Wesley_125 - 04-27-2019

Oh really? I'm gonna try it! Thanks for the quick reply! I will let you know if it worked ?

BlueWave Wrote:If we understand your approach correctly, you want to display Android Auto interface on the Raspberry PI screen but play all the sound (music, navigation instructions, assistant voice) over built-in Bluetooth of your car? If yes, then you have to disable music and speech audio channels (Settings -> Audio). Once they are disabled, Android Auto will stream sound through the phone. So if phone is connected to the Bluetooth device that can play sound, then it will be used.
Thanks very much now it works!! Only thing now is when I don't use AA  and I just want to use the media player from open auto it does not show song name

Re: No music/audio using andriod auto - BlueWave - 04-27-2019

At the developer settings of your phone you can set different version of AVRCP that will be used to control music playback over Bluetooth. Please try to set each version of AVRCP and check if it improves something. Developer settings of Android device are hidden by default. You can find instructions on the internet how to make them visible.

Yes i have developer settings visible. I will check. But I think it's because I can't connect bluetooth to openauto. Whit the 2 things off like you said I gets this. So I think that's why bluetooth can't connect or is is because of the setting in developer?

Everything seems to be working without changing Avrcp my mistake. Problems solved thanks for the quick help!