BlueWave Studio forum
Audio works for all but phonecalls - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Audio features (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-63.html)
+--- Thread: Audio works for all but phonecalls (/thread-746.html)

Pages: 1 2

Audio works for all but phonecalls - H_Krix - 04-01-2019

Just doing workbench tests right now and nearly have the setup ready for install into my car, but I can't get the phone call functions to operate correctly.

For all other input/output, the mic and speakers (using an external USB soundcard like this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N905VOY) work fine. Google assistant, dictating text messages, turn by turn directions and music all operate out of the soundcard.

When I make a phone call, the audio comes out of my speakerphone and it uses the phone mic also. Any idea why this might be happening?

I'm also getting an error "Unable to open MTP Device '[usb:001,009]'" when I plug my phone in. Sometimes the last digit will change to 7, 6, etc. Unsure if related.

Re: Audio works for all but phonecalls - czarnasm - 04-01-2019

Hi, I had the same problem. You have to turn on phone calls via bluetooth in bluetooth settings of your phone. If it doesn't work, you have to buy bluetooth 4.0 dongle (I bought the cheapest in electronic shop). After all of it everything works.

RE: Audio works for all but phonecalls - tunedwhitey - 06-29-2019

Have u resolved the issue? I'm having the same problem

RE: Audio works for all but phonecalls - BlueWave - 06-29-2019

Did you check external BT dongle?

RE: Audio works for all but phonecalls - tunedwhitey - 06-30-2019

Yes music is working great thru external bt and when plug in directly for AA but when someone calls or calling someone, it routes to the phone not to the open auto nor Android auto

RE: Audio works for all but phonecalls - tunedwhitey - 07-03-2019

Well thanks for no help

RE: Audio works for all but phonecalls - INS4NITY - 07-03-2019

When you plug in headphones or use a bluetooth headset with your phone, does the call still route through the phone speakers? It could be an issue with the phone's call settings, not OA

RE: Audio works for all but phonecalls - Daniel_BlueWave - 07-03-2019

@tunedwhitey We are not Wikipedia and czarnasm has wrote that external BT fixed his issue.
Did you try to play with settings of your phone? By default all works as expected so it means that you have to look for solution specific to your project/phone.
Looks like you are just waiting to be guided. What have you tested so far? What were the results? What is your setup, phone model? No information from you, only expectations.

RE: Audio works for all but phonecalls - tunedwhitey - 07-03-2019

(07-03-2019, 04:53 PM)INS4NITY Wrote: When you plug in headphones or use a bluetooth headset with your phone, does the call still route through the phone speakers? It could be an issue with the phone's call settings, not OA

Bluetooth headphones work good so I know it's not the phone.

(07-03-2019, 06:57 PM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: @tunedwhitey We are not Wikipedia and czarnasm has wrote that external BT fixed his issue.
Did you try to play with settings of your phone? By default all works as expected so it means that you have to look for solution specific to your project/phone.
Looks like you are just waiting to be guided. What have you tested so far? What were the results? What is your setup, phone model? No information from you, only expectations.

U don't have to be a dick Daniel. I'm just waiting patiently for some assistance. I tried with 2 different phones. My pixel and my buddy's s9. Same results. Since I reread the whole post, I'm starting to think my buddy gave me a older external USB bt. But wat does that have to do with phone calling when my phone is connected directly to the pie.

RE: Audio works for all but phonecalls - jennmike2 - 07-04-2019

(07-03-2019, 09:31 PM)tunedwhitey Wrote:
(07-03-2019, 04:53 PM)INS4NITY Wrote: When you plug in headphones or use a bluetooth headset with your phone, does the call still route through the phone speakers? It could be an issue with the phone's call settings, not OA

Bluetooth headphones work good so I know it's not the phone.

(07-03-2019, 06:57 PM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: @tunedwhitey  We are not Wikipedia and czarnasm has wrote that external BT fixed his issue.

U don't have to be a dick Daniel. I'm just waiting patiently for some assistance.  I tried with 2 different phones. My pixel and my buddy's s9. Same results. Since I reread the whole post, I'm starting to think my buddy gave me a older external USB bt. But wat does that have to do with phone calling when my phone is connected directly to the pie.
"But wat does that have to do with phone calling when my phone is connected directly to the pie."

The BT that comes with the pi, has a chip, dont remember what one. it doesn't like to do calls. anyhow if you bought an adapter that has that same chip it did you no good.