BlueWave Studio forum
cannot connect OAP with iphones - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Iphone Users (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-98.html)
+--- Thread: cannot connect OAP with iphones (/thread-4106.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

cannot connect OAP with iphones - chirio - 03-04-2024

Hi, I tried to connect OAP with iphones but i was not successful. With Android phones i have no problems (via wire).

Here is my build:

RP4 4B

OAP 16.1 (fesh installed, no update what so ever)

AutoBox plugin

CPC200-CCPA

Iphone OS 17.3.1

When i get into the WEB UI of Carlinkkit (see Image) it shows that the carlinkkit is connected to OAP, but not with the phone, although it is cennected via wire.
The phone is connected with the WIFI and Bluetooth from Carlinkkit.

I wanted to upload the log file, but i dont know where it is located.

Is there any extra step that needs to be done ?

Also when i download the Autobox Plugin, the file size is 31.5 KBytes. Is this right ? OAP accepted the PlugIn without any problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: cannot connect OAP with iphones - Daniel_BlueWave - 03-04-2024

Provide us with this information:
https://bluewavestudio.io/community/thread-1385.html

Plugin is fine.

RE: cannot connect OAP with iphones - chirio - 03-04-2024

Hi Daniel,
This is my Setup
- RPI 4b 8G
- Power Supply 5V 3A 15W
- UGreen external soundcard (works fine)
- External Mic (works fine)
- External Fockety V5.1 Bluetooth Adapter

Right now the set up is not installed into the car.
At the moment RPI is connected with
- PC monitor via HDMI with external Power Supply for the monitor
- usb keyboard (works fine)

Iphone 15 Pro Max with official IOS 17.3.1

CarlinkKit CPC200-CCPA HW: AW3013 SW: 2023.09.27.1710

When I connected the iphone, I use the BT and WIFI from CarlinkKit, not the external BT from RPI.

Add this information: 4. Steps to reproduce your issue

I installed the OAP 16.1, then added the Autobox PlugIn with the serial number.
The CPC200-CCPA, external bluetooth, external soundcard, PC Monitor and the usb keyboard were plugged, then restarted RPI.
After restart I connected the Iphone with the CarlinkKit's WIFI and also CarlinkKit's Bluetooth. Nothing happened. After that I plugged the Iphone with the working data cable to the CarlinkKit USB Port.
Nothing happened here also.

I opened the WEB UI of the CarlinkKit and it shows that the CCPA is connected to the OAP but not the phone (see the first screen shot).

Did you configure your system? 

In order to make the CCPA work you must change the ProductId in the .openauto/config/openauto_system.ini to:

CCPA dongle:
ProductId=5409
None

Autobox dongle:
ProductId=5408
None

and restart the Raspberry PI.  https://www.bluewavestudio.io/community/showthread.php?tid=2042&pid=14324#pid14324

In order to determine the ProductId, please use lsusb command and find the the device with VendorId 0x1314 (4884), e. g.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 1314:1521

1314:XXXX is the ProductId (in HEX format) that you must put to the .openauto/config/openauto_system.ini file (in DEC format - 0x1521 -> 5409).

Hi Daniel,

now i just changed the ProductID, just like you suggested, from 5408 to 5409 in the openauto_system.ini (see pic #3) file.
After this i restarted RPI and connected the iphone to the CarlinkKit's WIFI and Bluetooth (see pic #1 #2).
Still no luck. Even with Iphone directly connected via USB cable into the USB port of the CarlinkKit nothing happened.
With android phone connected via cable to RPI OAP just changed to AndroidAuto right away.
When i open Iphone Carplay Setting it tries to connect to the CarlinkKit'S Bluetooth, although the phone is already connected (see pic #4).

What is visible in the Autobox tab in OAP application?
As you are using external PC monitor, did you try to lower screen resolution?

RE: cannot connect OAP with iphones - chirio - 03-05-2024

i changed the resolution of the monitor to 640x480, then restarted RPI, connected the iphone with CarlinkKit WIFI and Bluetooth (see pic #1). 
As expected nothing happened. After that i opened the Autobox Tab (see pic #2). When i tapped on "Wi-Fi" box, nothing happened and the "Info" box is also empty (see pic #3)

RE: cannot connect OAP with iphones - Daniel_BlueWave - 03-05-2024

Then please update the firmware at a Carlinkit dongle.
Meantime, provide us with the output of the lsusb command and reflash the sdcard with a fresh image to avoid any misalignments.