BlueWave Studio forum
Many problems with setup - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: Community (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-85.html)
+--- Forum: General (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-57.html)
+--- Thread: Many problems with setup (/thread-3585.html)

Many problems with setup - Andy - 10-13-2022

Hi team, I'm looking for someone who can help me solve my problems. I recently acquired OpenAuto Pro in order to build a car radio. I thought that the installation would be simple, but I have many problems. I apologize for my English it is translation.

Config :
- Raspberry 4B 8Go
- Currently the power supply is a 3A phone charger
- 128GB SD card
- Screen BIGTREETECH - PI TFT70 V2.0
- Bluetooth 5.0 module REALTEK RTL8671B (recently purchased)
- XH-A372 sound card (I don't use it yet)

I use an OPPO A54 5G with Android Auto Version 8.0.623354
Just to clarify, I updated the list of available packages and updated the system by installing/updating the packages.

I'll number my issues so it's easier to answer.

1. Extremely slow startup.
When I plug in the RPI, OpenAuto Pro takes about 5min to start. Is there any way to decrease this time?

2. Console mode startup
After a while the screen lights up and you can read boot lines, with the RPI trying to authenticate itself on the PI profile. Then after a new long time the desktop is displayed. OpenAuto Pro should not start with a black screen, where it is written in large OpenAuto Pro? And to put that some second to launch?

3. SSH and default password
When the RPI has started and the desktop displays a message saying that SSH is enabled and that the default password has not been changed. Is this annoying and how to remove this message?

4. /!\ More important /!\ BLUETOOTH ADAPTER PROBLEM
Normally if I don't say anything stupid there is Bluetooth directly integrated to the RPI 4B, but I can't make the default adapter work. So I bought a Bluetooth 5.0 USB adapter but nothing changed. I tried to update and reinstall pi-bluetooth and bluetooth bluez blueman. When I run "bluetoothctl", the application launches but as soon as I try to do another command I get the message "No Default Controller Available". So I can't connect my phone to listen to music and I can't connect with Android Auto either. So if anyone can help me with this, it would be very helpful.

5. Android Auto does not work
As said before I can't get Android Auto to work wirelessly because of the Bluetooth problem, but I can't get it to work in wired mode either. I didn't push further because I have a problem of under power when I plug my phone.

Thank you to all those who can help me or give me research leads.

RE: Many problems - BlueWave - 10-14-2022

We recommend to usage of CSR 4.0. Probably you must install drivers to make RTL8671B work. Try to contact manufacturer of the dongle for the drivers and installation guide.

Startup of the OpenAuto Pro should take 20-25 seconds. Something is really wrong with your setup. Is your screen compatible with FKMS driver?

Also note that having sound card and microphone input is a must in order to use OpenAuto Pro.

RE: Many problems - lin - 01-20-2023

(10-14-2022, 09:39 AM)BlueWave Wrote: We recommend to usage of CSR 4.0. Probably you must install drivers to make RTL8671B work. Try to contact manufacturer of the dongle for the drivers and installation guide.

Startup of the OpenAuto Pro should take 20-25 seconds. Something is really wrong with your setup. Is your screen compatible with FKMS driver?

Also note that having sound card and microphone input is a must in order to use OpenAuto Pro.

Hello, 
first of all sorry for not knowing how the system is implemented, and for hijacking the thread. 

I've yet to purchase your software, because I'm still snooping around for features and limitations through this forum.

My assumption is that you deliver an image which consists of a custom configured rootfs,
with various apps developed for it, amongst which the main app would be the OpenAuto Pro (or maybe it's multiple apps, and you have a split between them to handle HAL HMI etc). 

The question is in regards to the availability of radio in early boot-up. 
And don't get me wrong, I'm not dreaming about EVS systems, where you have a separate hardware to handle camera streams in 2seconds from startup. 
No, just the radio app.
That would mean the development of an early boot Radio App, which would be started by systemd way before the target for OAP is even triggered (guessing that's somewhere in multi-user.target or something similar). 

Did you ever discuss such early features for future development?
It would be an amazing feature, even though the development costs for it could be a tad high. 

P.S. also on the list of hot and heavy features would be Suspend To Ram (e.g. systemd-suspend.service) 
So that the unit is smart enough to not shut down, but remain in a low power mode for a little while, a few minutes.

Looking forward for your answer. 
Thanks!