BlueWave Studio forum
VOLVO P1 Owners look here! - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: Head-unit projects (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-89.html)
+--- Forum: Your projects (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-62.html)
+--- Thread: VOLVO P1 Owners look here! (/thread-3324.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

VOLVO P1 Owners look here! - Erik187 - 04-12-2022

Will be releasing a full package on github with working steeringwheel controlls and also streaming the ICM that we can not remove to the PI so we finally can get us a upgrade!

I didnt see this released anywhere on the interwebz so i hope someone will like it!

Untill then, a teaser Smile

Streaming ICM realtime with python:
https://youtube.com/shorts/r7sB46zHM6A?feature=share

[Image: Namnl-st-1.png]

Test fitting:
[Image: unnamed.jpg]

If you want to use a cheap composite camera and power it from your rear lights and still get good quality video i will be giving out 4 free custom PCBs for isolating the video signal when im done compiling the project to the first persons who needs it Smile

Video Isolator:
[Image: video-isolator-box.png]

RE: VOLVO P1 Owners look here! - leathers123 - 04-22-2022

Very excited to see your progress mate! I have a C30 T5 that I'm working on with OA.

So far I'm working on mounting the screen in a revised 3D printed OEM facia on the waterfall. Keeping the original ICM screen.

RE: VOLVO P1 Owners look here! - Erik187 - 04-24-2022

(04-22-2022, 11:08 PM)leathers123 Wrote: Very excited to see your progress mate! I have a C30 T5 that I'm working on with OA.

So far I'm working on mounting the screen in a revised 3D printed OEM facia on the waterfall. Keeping the original ICM screen.

Update:

ICM screen on the PI Smile

Decided to use the original FM/AM so when its activated it display original ICM as a overlay and when i use AUX it hides it Tongue

What year are your C30? The ICM has different "start bytes" for different models, but i have a C30 too so this should work for you as well... i have the start bytes for older ICM and newer ICM recorded so it should work anyways... But if its a C30 2011+ i think it should work out of the box!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h19fsgQmMdM

Bonus:

You can see my 3d printed mount on the waterfall consol, it required some modification..

Had to refinish all parts cuz of the stupid dinged up aluminum. They are just primed and sanded. One part has a base coat with no clear coat!

[Image: 3-F6-B4-A92-C227-4-AA4-AD40-E3-A033-F154-A2.jpg]

RE: VOLVO P1 Owners look here! - GSPW - 05-01-2022

Wow, the OEM radio integration is impressive, well done!

RE: VOLVO P1 Owners look here! - Friscobandito - 05-03-2022

Thank you so much for working on this. I'm also putting OAP into a C30, and had given up on integration of the ICM. You mentioned 'startup bytes' for older models being different. Mine is an '08(AWD converted for cool points).

RE: VOLVO P1 Owners look here! - GFunkbus76 - 05-04-2022

Nice work! Looks smooth.

RE: VOLVO P1 Owners look here! - Alberto.JV - 05-09-2022

(04-12-2022, 08:05 PM)Erik187 Wrote: Will be releasing a full package on github with working steeringwheel controlls and also streaming the ICM that we can not remove to the PI so we finally can get us a upgrade!

I didnt see this released anywhere on the interwebz so i hope someone will like it!

Untill then, a teaser Smile

Streaming ICM realtime with python:
https://youtube.com/shorts/r7sB46zHM6A?feature=share

[Image: Namnl-st-1.png]

Test fitting:

If you want to use a cheap composite camera and power it from your rear lights and still get good quality video i will be giving out 4 free custom PCBs for isolating the video signal when im done compiling the project to the first persons who needs it Smile

Video Isolator:
[Image: video-isolator-box.png]

Nice work Erik! I really want to try to put this in my C30 too! Do you know when your github are ready?
I have some questions too:

The steeringwheel controlls (volume, next/previous song, and phone buttons) operate on the PI (android auto/car play) or on the ICM? The waterfall controlls too (ON/OFF, volume and tune)?
The microphone is also working for recibe calls and for siri/google assitant?

Thank you and great work!

RE: VOLVO P1 Owners look here! - Erik187 - 05-10-2022

Thanks for the kind words, i am sorry for a bit delayed reply but i am done with the software part.

Reply about starbytes:
You should be able to use this out of the box... if in some way you cant, the hardware needed in between the RPI and the ICM to convert the lcd signal (Teensy 4.0) is also able to act as a logiq analyzer wich means that in worst case scenario - you can record the lcd signal from the icm, and find correct bytes without the need of extra hardware/soldering etc. Just temporarily compile another program for the teensy that will be included in the github to log the signal for a few sec and vioala.. I can guide you thru it if that is the case, dont worry about it.

Buttons compability:
All the steering wheel buttons work. The buttons on the waterfall dash works as well but since they dont run on LIN-bus i did a workarround where i saved for example the volume stages locally in the RPI script so if you change it to stage 2 of 30 for example the script recognizes the image sent from the LCD as volumr 2 and it also changes the OpenAuto volume to corresponding volume (6%) so its always synced no matter if you use the steering wheel or the waterfall.

To answere your question when and where they work - its a bit up to you, i have decided in my case that if i am running the CD (wich i use as aux, since my car didnt have factory aux) the next/prev etc is forwarded to OpenAuto, if im using am/fm they just work as normal to the icm... answere/exit call is just for OpenAuto and lastly volume is global so it do both all the time.

This also means in return you can map any button or action to any function you want. For example the waterfall powerbutton to shutdown the RPI, wich is a great idea and i will inplement it!

I have custom buttons for siri for example, long press enter(answere) for 2 sec to activate siri and long press exit(hang up) for 2 sec to minimize Apple Carplay return to OAP home screen.

About the microphone:
I replaced the original one with a third party car mic that costed arround 10 usd, i will add pictures and link to that tomorrow hopefullt. It works in calls, google assistant, siri or what ever just as it should. It fits hidde in the same spot as the original one does, and the cable was fairly easy to route, took about 30minutes to replace it without any prior knowledge about the interior panels!

ICM integration with OaP:
Since we have full controll of the ICM signal the possibilities are endless, you could even with this base completly simulate the menus in a prettier way on the RPI and dont show the ICM as a overlay at all. The only limitation is OpenAutos ability to change the UI. An example is to add our temprature readings intregrated on the home screen instead of the overlay. But i cannot modify OaP interface so i cant make room for then in a good looking way. Maybe future updates on OaP included more possibilities to modify the UI and we could completly lose the original UI but keep all the information and menus. Hopefully they add some dynamic UI stuff. If any of you can get a hold of them i would program it on our side.

Summerize:
The project is basicly done, the github too, but i want to finalize a few things and then test run it for a week or so fully assebled to make sure its runninh bug free in case someone without prior experience with python or c++ can just plug and play this without getting gray hairs trying to understand how everything works from the ground up to fix an error hehe.. I could use some of u to beta test it if you have the fund for the hardware and are seriouse about implementing it.

I would like to make a tutorial from start to finish how to install it as well but this takes some time too :p

Is there any intresst in me compiling every hardware and software/set it up for you via TW i could always do that too for a reasonable price per hour or so Smile

RE: VOLVO P1 Owners look here! - Alberto.JV - 05-12-2022

(05-10-2022, 05:39 PM)Erik187 Wrote: Thanks for the kind words, i am sorry for a bit delayed reply but i am done with the software part.

Reply about starbytes:
You should be able to use this out of the box... if in some way you cant, the hardware needed in between the RPI and the ICM to convert the lcd signal (Teensy 4.0) is also able to act as a logiq analyzer wich means that in worst case scenario - you can record the lcd signal from the icm, and find correct bytes without the need of extra hardware/soldering etc. Just temporarily compile another program for the teensy that will be included in the github to log the signal for a few sec and vioala.. I can guide you thru it if that is the case, dont worry about it.

Buttons compability:
All the steering wheel buttons work. The buttons on the waterfall dash works as well but since they dont run on LIN-bus i did a workarround where i saved for example the volume stages locally in the RPI script so if you change it to stage 2 of 30 for example the script recognizes the image sent from the LCD as volumr 2 and it also changes the OpenAuto volume to corresponding volume (6%) so its always synced no matter if you use the steering wheel or the waterfall.

To answere your question when and where they work - its a bit up to you, i have decided in my case that if i am running the CD (wich i use as aux, since my car didnt have factory aux) the next/prev etc is forwarded to OpenAuto, if im using am/fm they just work as normal to the icm... answere/exit call is just for OpenAuto and lastly volume is global so it do both all the time.

This also means in return you can map any button or action to any function you want. For example the waterfall powerbutton to shutdown the RPI, wich is a great idea and i will inplement it!

I have custom buttons for siri for example, long press enter(answere) for 2 sec to activate siri and long press exit(hang up) for 2 sec to minimize Apple Carplay return to OAP home screen.

About the microphone:
I replaced the original one with a third party car mic that costed arround 10 usd, i will add pictures and link to that tomorrow hopefullt. It works in calls, google assistant, siri or what ever just as it should. It fits hidde in the same spot as the original one does, and the cable was fairly easy to route, took about 30minutes to replace it without any prior knowledge about the interior panels!

ICM integration with OaP:
Since we have full controll of the ICM signal the possibilities are endless, you could even with this base completly simulate the menus in a prettier way on the RPI and dont show the ICM as a overlay at all. The only limitation is OpenAutos ability to change the UI. An example is to add our temprature readings intregrated on the home screen instead of the overlay. But i cannot modify OaP interface so i cant make room for then in a good looking way. Maybe future updates on OaP included more possibilities to modify the UI and we could completly lose the original UI but keep all the information and menus. Hopefully they add some dynamic UI stuff. If any of you can get a hold of them i would program it on our side.

Summerize:
The project is basicly done, the github too, but i want to finalize a few things and then test run it for a week or so fully assebled to make sure its runninh bug free in case someone without prior experience with python or c++ can just plug and play this without getting gray hairs trying to understand how everything works from the ground up to fix an error hehe.. I could use some of u to beta test it if you have the fund for the hardware and are seriouse about implementing it.

I would like to make a tutorial from start to finish how to install it as well but this takes some time too :p

Is there any intresst in me compiling every hardware and software/set it up for you via TW i could always do that too for a reasonable price per hour or so Smile

Sounds nice!

Now i have a Pi 4-4GB, 7” screen, arduino micro and Carlinkit, what more i need? If you want, i can tested in my car.

Thanks!

RE: VOLVO P1 Owners look here! - Friscobandito - 05-13-2022

This is definitely the most exciting P1 development for me. The struggle to work around the ICM is what led me to OAP in the first place. I love the idea of remapping the waterfall buttons as well, it all sounds fantastic.Great work!

I'll look forward to implementing this into my ride.