BlueWave Studio forum
Show Yellow Thunder only in OpenAuto Pro - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: General (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-81.html)
+--- Thread: Show Yellow Thunder only in OpenAuto Pro (/thread-2156.html)

Pages: 1 2

Show Yellow Thunder only in OpenAuto Pro - estefigj - 11-02-2020

Hi!  I bought OpenAuto Pro recently but i'm having problems with the power supply. I have these items / Software:

- Raspberry Pi 3B.
- Touchscreen 7 inch.
- External Bluetooth USB adapter.
- External Wifi USB adapter.
- MicroSD 64Gb.
- OpenAuto Pro v.11.
- Samsung Galaxy S9+.

I run Raspberry Pi with OpenAuto (free software - opencardev/crankshaft) and it works correctly. I can see Android Auto and I can use Google Maps in my car.

With OpenAuto free version I use a power supply from a USB radio or USB lighter charger, it works fine but I have problems with OpenAuto Pro.

I burn the img file in the MicroSD card with Etcher but when I turn on the Raspberry Pi I see a yellow thunder on the screen and Android Auto never shown on the screen, I only see a black screen and from this moment Raspberry doesn't work. It happens with wall power supply and USB plugins.

Can you help me? I searched some tutorials and videos to fix it but I don't get it.

Thanks for your help! 

RE: Show Yellow Thunder only in OpenAuto Pro - BlueWave - 11-02-2020

Please have a look at https://bluewavestudio.io/community/showthread.php?tid=1415

RE: Show Yellow Thunder only in OpenAuto Pro - estefigj - 11-02-2020

(11-02-2020, 11:25 AM)BlueWave Wrote: Please have a look at https://bluewavestudio.io/community/showthread.php?tid=1415

Hi! Thank you!

This link allowed me to resolve the problem with the black screen, but I don't found the solution to resolve the problem with the power supply and the yellow thunder.

OpenAuto Pro works correctly but this thunder add problems to the raspberry performance ... Can you help me? Thanks!

RE: Show Yellow Thunder only in OpenAuto Pro - BlueWave - 11-02-2020

Undervlotage icon is the matter of power supply or USB cable. Phone chargers are not good choice because they have very unstable voltage level. Please try to test your setup with official Rpi power supply.

RE: Show Yellow Thunder only in OpenAuto Pro - peetereczek - 11-03-2020

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07XRRYWM1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Try this 12v DC converter, it's very powerful and can deliver enough current for all devices in your project.
Since I switched to it, I never had thunder icon of undervoltage

RE: Show Yellow Thunder only in OpenAuto Pro - estefigj - 11-08-2020

(11-02-2020, 08:17 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Undervlotage icon is the matter of power supply or USB cable. Phone chargers are not good choice because they have very unstable voltage level. Please try to test your setup with official Rpi power supply.

I plug the raspberry with the official Rpi power supply. The problem doesn't is the cable, for some reason your software consumes much more energy than other.
I am not happy with this software, because you tell me to buy more things to make this software work. Please, I need another solution.
I can send photos if you think it is necessary, but please help me  Sad

(11-03-2020, 11:01 AM)peetereczek Wrote: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07XRRYWM1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Try this 12v DC converter, it's very powerful and can deliver enough current for all devices in your project.
Since I switched to it, I never had thunder icon of undervoltage

Hi! thank you for your help, but I need solve this problem with the software and the hardware available. With other software (crankshaft openauto) the thunder icon of undervoltage doesn't show.

RE: Show Yellow Thunder only in OpenAuto Pro - BlueWave - 11-08-2020

Undervoltage icon is not the matter of software but Raspberry Pi HW itself. Issue is strict related to the power supply you are using. Did you try with another official Raspberry PI power supply?

RE: Show Yellow Thunder only in OpenAuto Pro - estefigj - 11-09-2020

(11-08-2020, 03:31 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Undervoltage icon is not the matter of software but Raspberry Pi HW itself. Issue is strict related to the power supply you are using. Did you try with another official Raspberry PI power supply?

So I don't understand ... Yes, I have tried the official charger and the same thing continues to happen.
I just took photos right now doing the test with 2 SD cards, the images are flashed with Etcher:
SD 1: The OpenAuto Crankshaft image is loaded.
SD 2: OpenAuto Pro image is loaded.

At photos you can see:
- Raspberry Pi 3B.
- MicroSD with software loaded.
- HDMI cable to connect touchscreen with Raspberry.
- USB / micro USB to power-supply touchscreen with Raspberry.
- USB external bluetooth.
- USB external Wifi.
- USB / USB type C to connect my smartphone with Raspberry.

For this reason I think that the problem is the software. I think there is something that should fix it because right now I am testing with a wall socket, but I want to use this in my car and there I am having more problems with OpenAutoPro since the yellow lightning icon makes the touch screen unresponsive .

I bought your software because I wanted to connect the phone by Bluetooth, but it is giving me too many problems, and if the power supply does not work well with your software I cannot use it and I will think about returning it. I'm using your software requireds and I don't want pay more money if the problem doesn't me.

PS: The cable I am using is not a telephone cable. I have tried the official Raspberry charger and also tried another charger that has a button to turn the Raspberry on and off (you can see it in the photos).

Can you help me to fix the problem, please?

RE: Show Yellow Thunder only in OpenAuto Pro - owengarrett-RX8 - 11-09-2020

So I have the same problem, and I don't think it has anything to do with the raspberry pi itself. I believe it is Undervoltage to the screen. I am using the official pi screen, and rpi 3b+ board, and a 5v USB 2.0 to power mine and whether plugged into a wall with the official cord or not I continue to get the Undervoltage sign. When I the pi into something more stationary like a tv/monitor then that sign goes away so I think it all has to do with the power going to the screen.

RE: Show Yellow Thunder only in OpenAuto Pro - noelk - 11-09-2020

(11-09-2020, 02:31 PM)estefigj Wrote:
(11-08-2020, 03:31 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Undervoltage icon is not the matter of software but Raspberry Pi HW itself. Issue is strict related to the power supply you are using. Did you try with another official Raspberry PI power supply?

So I don't understand ... Yes, I have tried the official charger and the same thing continues to happen.
I just took photos right now doing the test with 2 SD cards, the images are flashed with Etcher:
SD 1: The OpenAuto Crankshaft image is loaded.
SD 2: OpenAuto Pro image is loaded.

At photos you can see:
- Raspberry Pi 3B.
- MicroSD with software loaded.
- HDMI cable to connect touchscreen with Raspberry.
- USB / micro USB to power-supply touchscreen with Raspberry.
- USB external bluetooth.
- USB external Wifi.
- USB / USB type C to connect my smartphone with Raspberry.

For this reason I think that the problem is the software. I think there is something that should fix it because right now I am testing with a wall socket, but I want to use this in my car and there I am having more problems with OpenAutoPro since the yellow lightning icon makes the touch screen unresponsive .

I bought your software because I wanted to connect the phone by Bluetooth, but it is giving me too many problems, and if the power supply does not work well with your software I cannot use it and I will think about returning it. I'm using your software requireds and I don't want pay more money if the problem doesn't me.

PS: The cable I am using is not a telephone cable. I have tried the official Raspberry charger and also tried another charger that has a button to turn the Raspberry on and off (you can see it in the photos).

Can you help me to fix the problem, please?
NIce setup.  You are going to need at least 3 amps or 3000 ma  with 5.1 volts to power your system.  OAP  allows you to use more of the functionality of the pi.  I did not see your phone plugged in  but when you try that with AA the bolt will be there as well and it will not function properly.  Can't tell what screen you are using but I would use a separate power supply  on it for testing purposes.  For my project I used 2 power converters each delivers 5 v 10 amps.   one is for Pi and the other for screen and powered usb hub.  Hope this helps.