BlueWave Studio forum
Screen rotation, 180 - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: Community (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-85.html)
+--- Forum: General (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-57.html)
+--- Thread: Screen rotation, 180 (/thread-2052.html)

Pages: 1 2

Screen rotation, 180 - owengarrett-RX8 - 09-22-2020

The case I just bought for this causes me to turn the raspberry pi upside down. I am running OAP 11.0 on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ could anyone tell me as a beginner of coding how to flip the screen 180 degrees?

RE: SCREEN 180 - BlueWave - 09-22-2020

You can use Raspberry PI screen configuration tool to rotate the desktop and set rotation in OpenAuto Pro settings to rotate Android Auto and Mirroring projections. Also in /etc/systemd/system/openautopro.splash.service you can set rotation of a splash screen.

RE: SCREEN 180 - Lucky_geoh - 09-23-2020

(09-22-2020, 07:23 PM)BlueWave Wrote: You can use Raspberry PI screen configuration tool to rotate the desktop and set rotation in OpenAuto Pro settings to rotate Android Auto and Mirroring projections. Also in /etc/systemd/system/openautopro.splash.service you can set rotation of a splash screen.

Mr BlueWave,

Thank you for fixing the rotation problem with AA.  Would you expand on what to change or add to the splash service file to rotate the splash?  I looked at the file and there is no lne that rotates the splash screen.  Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

RE: SCREEN 180 - BlueWave - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 05:09 PM)Lucky_geoh Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 07:23 PM)BlueWave Wrote: You can use Raspberry PI screen configuration tool to rotate the desktop and set rotation in OpenAuto Pro settings to rotate Android Auto and Mirroring projections. Also in /etc/systemd/system/openautopro.splash.service you can set rotation of a splash screen.

Mr BlueWave,

Thank you for fixing the rotation problem with AA.  Would you expand on what to change or add to the splash service file to rotate the splash?  I looked at the file and there is no lne that rotates the splash screen.  Am I missing something?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Just add

Environment="OPENAUTO_VIDEO_ORIENTATION=0"

line to [Service] section in /etc/systemd/system/openautopro.splash.service

Example:

[Service]
Environment="OPENAUTO_SPLASH_VIDEOS=/usr/share/openautopro/splash1.h264:/usr/share/openautopro/splash2.h264"
Environment="OPENAUTO_DELAY_EXIT_MS=1500"
Environment="OPENAUTO_VIDEO_ORIENTATION=0"
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/openauto_splash

Possible values of the OPENAUTO_VIDEO_ORIENTATION are 0, 90, 180, 270.

RE: SCREEN 180 - owengarrett-RX8 - 09-23-2020

In doing so I invert the touch calibration How do I fix that as well?

RE: SCREEN 180 - BlueWave - 09-23-2020

(09-23-2020, 07:54 PM)owengarrett-RX8 Wrote:

How did you rotate the screen? It should be auto calibrated after rotation. How did you install version 11? Was it fresh installation or an update from older version?

Regarding calibration please have a look at the Raspberry PI docs available at PI foundation resources.

RE: SCREEN 180 - owengarrett-RX8 - 09-24-2020

(09-23-2020, 10:26 PM)BlueWave Wrote:

How did you rotate the screen? It should be auto calibrated after rotation. How did you install version 11? Was it fresh installation or an update from older version?

Regarding calibration please have a look at the Raspberry PI docs available at PI foundation resources.
It was a fresh install and flash. I rotated it within the OAP settings, and also through screen configuration in the menu on the desktop. As well went and edited the config file and set it to lcd_rotate=2

RE: SCREEN 180 - owengarrett-RX8 - 09-25-2020

(09-24-2020, 03:28 AM)owengarrett-RX8 Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 10:26 PM)BlueWave Wrote:

It was a fresh install and flash. I rotated it within the OAP settings, and also through screen configuration in the menu on the desktop. As well went and edited the config file and set it to lcd_rotate=2
Is there anyway I would be able to fix this?

RE: SCREEN 180 - Daniel_BlueWave - 09-25-2020

But what is the status of the rotation? Usually placing lcd_rotate=2 in config file works good.

RE: SCREEN 180 - owengarrett-RX8 - 09-25-2020

(09-25-2020, 03:02 PM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: But what is the status of the rotation? Usually placing lcd_rotate=2 in config file works good.

When placing and saving and rebooting the screen still does not flip. Unless you are talking about a different status then I am not sure.