BlueWave Studio forum
OpenAuto Pro version 10 is available - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: Development (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-88.html)
+--- Forum: Updates (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-67.html)
+--- Thread: OpenAuto Pro version 10 is available (/thread-1867.html)

Pages: 1 2

OpenAuto Pro version 10 is available - Daniel_BlueWave - 08-10-2020

We are happy to inform that OpenAuto Pro 10 has been released.

If you would like to update your version of the OpenAuto Pro, send us an email at software@bluewavestudio.io with your order number.

More information can be found here: OpenAuto Pro 10

More information about Android application: Connected Pro

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 10 is available - jhornbr225 - 08-12-2020

I tried to use the update script that I received in my email.

I plugged in my Ethernet cable, opened my email on the Pi, and copied the commands from the email and pasted them into the terminal window.

At the end of the script, it asked to reboot, so I did.

I didn't see any change in the menus, so I looked at the version, and it didn't update, it still says 9.0. (I skipped the 9.1 update)

I was going to try to re-image, but that's quite a process, as I have done the commands to not have to use an SD card anymore, I only use an USB 3.0 SSD.

Not sure if it's related, but I can't seem to find the hotspot anymore. I'm connected with Bluetooth, but the hotspot is not visible. I had previously always been able to connect wirelessly.

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 10 is available - oliverisss - 08-12-2020

(08-12-2020, 12:29 AM)jhornbr225 Wrote: I tried to use the update script that I received in my email.

I plugged in my Ethernet cable, opened my email on the Pi, and copied the commands from the email and pasted them into the terminal window.

At the end of the script, it asked to reboot, so I did.

I didn't see any change in the menus, so I looked at the version, and it didn't update, it still says 9.0. (I skipped the 9.1 update)

I was going to try to re-image, but that's quite a process, as I have done the commands to not have to use an SD card anymore, I only use an USB 3.0 SSD.

Not sure if it's related, but I can't seem to find the hotspot anymore. I'm connected with Bluetooth, but the hotspot is not visible. I had previously always been able to connect wirelessly.
You need to delete old update file from your /pi folder then run the script again.  Happened to me before Smile

It did come up with a warning during the update process that the files already existed. I told it to overwrite them.

I can try again after deleting the file.

That took care of it. There were several update folders in there. I deleted them all, and tried the update script again, and it worked.

Toggling the hotspot off and then back on brought it back so I could see it on my phone. So far so good.

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 10 is available - wou5er - 08-13-2020

I think bluewave should test a litile more version 10 got a lot of problems like recalibrating the touchscreen by adding enable_tvout=0 to the config.txt file the hifiberry thats not working properly with linux kernel 5.4 and the not correctly working update feature cause it should delete the update files automaticly from the last update.

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 10 is available - BlueWave - 08-13-2020

(08-13-2020, 01:32 PM)wou5er Wrote: I think bluewave should test a litile more version 10 got a lot of problems like recalibrating the touchscreen by adding enable_tvout=0 to the config.txt file the hifiberry thats not working properly with linux kernel 5.4 and the not correctly working update feature cause it should delete the update files automaticly from the last update.

We did not notice any issues with the touchscreen during testing of the 10.0 version. HiFiBerry seems to confirm that problem is on their side (devices are not compatible with the latest kernel).

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 10 is available - wou5er - 08-13-2020

(08-13-2020, 01:53 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 01:32 PM)wou5er Wrote: I think bluewave should test a litile more version 10 got a lot of problems like recalibrating the touchscreen by adding enable_tvout=0  to the config.txt file  the hifiberry thats not working properly with linux kernel 5.4 and the not correctly working update feature cause it should delete the update files automaticly from the last update.

We did not notice any issues with the touchscreen during testing of the 10.0 version. HiFiBerry seems to confirm that problem is on their side (devices are not compatible with the latest kernel).

Aah yes thats true... but the new linux kernel isn't ready and properly tested for productions.... you shoudl stay on kernel version 4.19.... 

As I said before it's not worth the hazzards to take this in to your software... We paid good money for it...

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 10 is available - BlueWave - 08-13-2020

(08-13-2020, 02:09 PM)wou5er Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 01:53 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 01:32 PM)wou5er Wrote: I think bluewave should test a litile more version 10 got a lot of problems like recalibrating the touchscreen by adding enable_tvout=0  to the config.txt file  the hifiberry thats not working properly with linux kernel 5.4 and the not correctly working update feature cause it should delete the update files automaticly from the last update.

Aah yes thats true... but the new linux kernel isn't ready and properly tested for productions.... you shoudl stay on kernel version 4.19.... 

As I said before it's not worth the hazzards to take this in to your software... We paid good money for it...

We are not maintainers of kernel and Raspberry PI OS. Raspberry PI hardware isn't free of charge. If from the PI foundation point of view there are some problems with the latest kernel it should not be released then. As you also paid for the Raspberry PI hardware and HiFi Berry hardware, we suggest to ask for support on the their side.

If you can't use the latest kernel for some reason, please ask Pi foundation how to downgrade it.

RE: OpenAuto Pro version 10 is available - Oioiandy - 08-13-2020

I've updated to 10.. found my amp2 lost its configuration on the boot file and got black listed again..

Also had to tweak asla for the equalizer to work again..

Apart from that it's all good...

If you can get a obdlink mk101 Bluetooth dongle working would be great than The elm272