BlueWave Studio forum
RTC DS3231 does not keep time - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Real Time Clock (RTC) (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-82.html)
+--- Thread: RTC DS3231 does not keep time (/thread-1797.html)

Pages: 1 2

RTC DS3231 does not keep time - Victor_Mateos03 - 07-19-2020

Good, I have a RTC DS3231 and I have a problem that will not be solved, when I start the car and I am at home it connects to the wifi and synchronizes the time and keeps it fine until I stop the car, then when I start again and it turns on the screen when not finding the home wifi does not synchronize the time and shows me the last time it had when it was turned off, that is, the clock stops counting when the system is turned off and I do not know why, to see if someone has passed it the same, a greeting.

My configuration is:
Raspberry Pi 3b +
Ugreen sound card
Bluetooth ugreen
Timer relay shutdown system

RE: RTC DS3231 - gecko242 - 07-19-2020

Does your DS3231 have a battery connected? How have you configured it within raspbian?

RE: RTC DS3231 - BlueWave - 07-19-2020

(07-19-2020, 05:48 PM)gecko242 Wrote: Does your DS3231 have a battery connected? How have you configured it within raspbian?

Regarding configuration, you can use bwsrtc command that will configure your RTC automatically.

RE: RTC DS3231 - Victor_Mateos03 - 07-20-2020

(07-19-2020, 07:59 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 05:48 PM)gecko242 Wrote: Does your DS3231 have a battery connected? How have you configured it within raspbian?

Regarding configuration, you can use bwsrtc command that will configure your RTC automatically.
The rtc has a battery connected and it is well configured (or so I think) since the time does save it, but the time step does not count when the raspberry is turned off

RE: RTC DS3231 - Daniel_BlueWave - 07-20-2020

Looks like is RTC related issue. Did you try to change battery? What is the manufacturer of this component, maybe it needs additional configuration?

You can check this site in order to narrow the issue: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ds3231-precision-rtc-breakout/circuitpython

RE: RTC DS3231 - Victor_Mateos03 - 07-21-2020

(07-20-2020, 05:44 PM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: Parece que es un problema relacionado con RTC. ¿Intentaste cambiar la batería? ¿Cuál es el fabricante de este componente, tal vez necesita configuración adicional?

Puede consultar este sitio para reducir el problema: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ds3231-precision-rtc-breakout/circuitpython

This is the rtc that I have installed, when I used Crankshaft it worked for me without problem. I have not changed the battery but I think it is not that, I think that if the battery were exhausted it would not keep the last power on and would return to an hour for example 1/1/1999 as it happens with the PCs, anyway I will try to change it or put another rtc to see

RE: RTC DS3231 - ELCouz - 08-02-2020

(07-21-2020, 07:35 AM)Victor_Mateos03 Wrote: This is the rtc that I have installed, when I used Crankshaft it worked for me without problem. I have not changed the battery but I think it is not that, I think that if the battery were exhausted it would not keep the last power on and would return to an hour for example 1/1/1999 as it happens with the PCs, anyway I will try to change it or put another rtc to see

By default Raspbian OS save the last known time at shutdown with fake hwclock and then read this stored time at boot.

Seems like a configuration problem that kept you on the FAKE RTC.

What output does sudo hwclock -r give you?

RE: RTC DS3231 - Victor_Mateos03 - 08-02-2020

(08-02-2020, 06:53 AM)ELCouz Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 07:35 AM)Victor_Mateos03 Wrote: Este es el rtc que instalé, cuando usé Crankshaft me funcionó sin problemas. No he cambiado la batería, pero creo que no es eso, creo que si la batería se agotara, no mantendría la última energía encendida y volvería a una hora, por ejemplo, el 1/1/1999, como sucede con las PC, de todos modos intentaré cambiarlo o poner otro rtc para ver

De forma predeterminada, el sistema operativo Raspbian guarda el último tiempo conocido en el apagado con hwclock falso y luego lee este tiempo almacenado en el arranque.

Parece un problema de configuración que te mantuvo en el RTC FALSO .

¿Qué salida le da sudo hwclock -r ?

RE: RTC DS3231 - frankpintosr - 08-02-2020

(08-02-2020, 09:19 AM)Victor_Mateos03 Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 06:53 AM)ELCouz Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 07:35 AM)Victor_Mateos03 Wrote: Este es el rtc que instalé, cuando usé Crankshaft me funcionó sin problemas. No he cambiado la batería, pero creo que no es eso, creo que si la batería se agotara, no mantendría la última energía encendida y volvería a una hora, por ejemplo, el 1/1/1999, como sucede con las PC, de todos modos intentaré cambiarlo o poner otro rtc para ver

De forma predeterminada, el sistema operativo Raspbian guarda el último tiempo conocido en el apagado con hwclock falso y luego lee este tiempo almacenado en el arranque.

Parece un problema de configuración que te mantuvo en el RTC FALSO .

¿Qué salida le da sudo hwclock -r ?

If the issue you’re having is due to the fake hardware clock, the following will remove it. 
#Disable the fake-hwclock
sudo apt-get -y remove fake-hwclock
sudo update-rc.d -f fake-hwclock remove
sudo systemctl disable fake-hwclock
sudo reboot now

RE: RTC DS3231 - Victor_Mateos03 - 08-03-2020

[quote pid='11063' dateline='1596359958']
If the issue you’re having is due to the fake hardware clock, the following will remove it. 
[/quote]
#Disable the fake-hwclock
sudo apt-get -y remove fake-hwclock
sudo update-rc.d -f fake-hwclock remove
sudo systemctl disable fake-hwclock
sudo reboot now

I'll try it when I have a moment, hope it works, thanks a lot for the help.