BlueWave Studio forum
How to enable Raspberry Pi Camera after connecting it (OAP 7)) - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: Community (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-85.html)
+--- Forum: How to (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-69.html)
+--- Thread: How to enable Raspberry Pi Camera after connecting it (OAP 7)) (/thread-1612.html)

How to enable Raspberry Pi Camera after connecting it (OAP 7)) - Vicente77 - 05-02-2020

Hi there,

As electronic engineer this is my advice for BlueWave guys:

You have a LARGE gap of improvement related to the documentation about how to make work the external hardware (camera, bluetooth, etc) with OpenAuto pro.
OK, community will help you a little bit Smile  with that load. But, keep in mind that good programmers invest almost same time in documentation as in writing code. 

The following recipe (or something similar) should have been included in User Guide page 36

Enabling Raspberry Pi Camera after connecting it

That worked to me for an OpenAuto pro 7.0 on a Raspberry 3B+ and Raspberry Camera 1.3 connected by flex bus CSI/DSI

1) Open a terminal. To do so and once in the main menu of Open pro 7.0, you have to click on the "power icon" then click on "return". Then, navigate through raspberry applications menu and execute Open LXTerminal.

2) Write down the following code in the terminal and press intro.
sudo raspi-config

3) Enable camera from the menu: Select --> Interfacing Options --> Camera --> Yes --> OK --> Finish--> Reboot

You can also do this graphically from Raspberrian (interface that appears after click on "Return" in OAP 7): Preferences-->Raspberry Configuration-->Interfaces. But, I encourage you to do it from the terminal and use the terminal as much as you can.
Be Root is a responsibility and a duty as Unix/Linux user Big Grin

RE: How to enable Raspberry Pi Camera after connecting it (OAP 7)) - BlueWave - 05-02-2020

Hello,
Thank you for instructions and suggestions. However, OpenAuto Pro is just an application running on top of Raspbian. Eveything regarding hardware configuration is done in the same way as for regular Raspbian. That is the reason why we do not provide detailed guides how to configure particular hardware. In most cases they are available in Raspbian documentation or should be provided by the hardware manufacturer. OpenAuto Pro communicates only with the system drivers and is hardware agnostic.

RE: How to enable Raspberry Pi Camera after connecting it (OAP 7)) - Great - 05-02-2020

I'm sorry BlueWave but I desagree. The OAP shouldn't be hardware agnostic, or else you should clearly specify wich hardware OAP works with.
For instance, my video capture card that I tried to use to connect my rear camera works perfectly in Raspbian but does not work in OAP.
If BlueWave Studio only supports the official Raspberry camera then the instructions Vicente77 posted should be clearly defined in the user guide.

Another thing that I think should be specified in the user guide is that whenever it is necessary to modify an OAP configuration file, the exact location of the file should be specified.
As well as the necessary steps to be able to edit the file.

It makes no difference to me because I know how to do it, but I see several posts on the forum of people with difficulties in configuring certain files and are directed to the user guide link and then return to the forum to ask where the file is located.

I hope you don't get me wrong because I'm just trying to help.