BlueWave Studio forum
Android Auto blank screen - unmet system requirements - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Android Auto (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-79.html)
+--- Thread: Android Auto blank screen - unmet system requirements (/thread-1534.html)

Android Auto blank screen - unmet system requirements - Dragon - 03-25-2020

******Newbie to this software but not to raspberry pi*************

My setup is :
> 7" touch screen.
Raspberry pi 3 model b.
16g SD card.
Open auto pro v 6.1
> Insignia Bluetooth USB adapter.

Ok so i have my phone paired to the pi and i have android auto ver. 5.1.500644 in dev. mode.

After i hook my phone via usb it goes to a black screen and on top it shows the android auto symbol and Bluetooth.
I have re flashed the .img to two different cards and the same thing happens.
now i'm lost on what to do at this point. Any advice or input is most welcomed. 

RE: Android Auto blank screen - ktb - 03-25-2020

(03-25-2020, 10:46 PM)Dragon Wrote: ******Newbie to this software but not to raspberry pi*************

My setup is :
> 7" touch screen.
Raspberry pi 3 model b.
16g SD card.
Open auto pro v 6.1

Ok so i have my phone paired to the pi and i have android auto ver. 5.1.500644 in dev. mode.

After i hook my phone via usb it goes to a black screen and on top it shows the android auto symbol and Bluetooth.

I'm just guessing that you don't have an external USB Audio adapter connected to provide audio (microphone) input? That is a requirement. There might be other problems too, but I'd start there.

RE: Android Auto blank screen - Dragon - 03-25-2020

(03-25-2020, 10:51 PM)ktb Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 10:46 PM)Dragon Wrote: ******Newbie to this software but not to raspberry pi*************

My setup is :
> 7" touch screen.
Raspberry pi 3 model b.
16g SD card.
Open auto pro v 6.1

I'm just guessing that you don't have an external USB Audio adapter connected to provide audio (microphone) input? That is a requirement. There might be other problems too, but I'd start there.
Thanks my card wont be here till Friday so i will update then. would this keep the Bluetooth streaming not to work as well? sounds dum, but i thought that it would at lease control the phone for music it works as far as making calls?

RE: Android Auto blank screen - ktb - 03-25-2020

(03-25-2020, 11:25 PM)Dragon Wrote:

My setup is :
> 7" touch screen.
Raspberry pi 3 model b.
16g SD card.
Open auto pro v 6.1

Thanks my card wont be here till Friday so i will update then. would this keep the Bluetooth streaming not to work as well? sounds dum, but i thought that it would at lease control the phone for music it works as far as making calls?

If by Bluetooth streaming, you are talking about the Bluetooth (A2DP) music streaming feature in OAP, then you could probably get that to work. However, the OAP Raspbian image comes configured with the Raspberry Pi's internal sound card disabled (because you're supposed to be using a USB sound card and/or other devices for sound. If you were to enable the Raspberry Pi's internal sound card and reconfigure ALSA and PulseAudio to use the internal soundcard for audio output, then OAP's A2DP music streaming feature would probably work. Android Auto still wouldn't work. And then you'd have to remember to undo those changes when you get your USB sound card installed. And hands-free phone calls in OAP wouldn't be particularly useful without an audio input device (microphone), would they?

RE: Android Auto blank screen - Dragon - 03-27-2020

(03-25-2020, 11:39 PM)ktb Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 11:25 PM)Dragon Wrote:

My setup is :
> 7" touch screen.
Raspberry pi 3 model b.
16g SD card.
Open auto pro v 6.1

If by Bluetooth streaming, you are talking about the Bluetooth (A2DP) music streaming feature in OAP, then you could probably get that to work. However, the OAP Raspbian image comes configured with the Raspberry Pi's internal sound card disabled (because you're supposed to be using a USB sound card and/or other devices for sound. If you were to enable the Raspberry Pi's internal sound card and reconfigure ALSA and PulseAudio to use the internal soundcard for audio output, then OAP's A2DP music streaming feature would probably work. Android Auto still wouldn't work. And then you'd have to remember to undo those changes when you get your USB sound card installed. And hands-free phone calls in OAP wouldn't be particularly useful without an audio input device (microphone), would they?
So jest got the sound card and every thing works. jest need to get the pi to cool down. Thanks for all the help Ktb.