BlueWave Studio forum
OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate internal raspi-cam - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: General (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-81.html)
+--- Thread: OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate internal raspi-cam (/thread-1179.html)

Pages: 1 2

OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate internal raspi-cam - Hannsen - 10-13-2019

Hi, OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate runs fine, but I have a problem with the internal camera in the Raspi 3b +. Although the red LED lights up in rear mode, no camera image is visible. If I connect an external USB camera, it works fine. What am I doing wrong, or what do I have to change to make the internal Pi camera work?
Greetings from Germany, Hanns

RE: OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate internal raspi-cam - BlueWave - 10-13-2019

As far as we know there was an issue in RPI firmware that was causing invalid handling of the PI camera. Please try update your system to the latest version and check if that helps. In order to do that please execute below commands in the terminal

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y

RE: OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate internal raspi-cam - Hannsen - 10-13-2019

Thank you for the info,
I have executed the commands, but the internal camera remains black, only the red led lights up when I press the rear button.

RE: OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate internal raspi-cam - BlueWave - 10-13-2019

(10-13-2019, 04:40 PM)Hannsen Wrote: Thank you for the info,
I have executed the commands, but the internal camera remains black, only the red led lights up when I press the rear button.

Btw. Did you activate it via sudo raspi-config command? It should be an option to activate raspi cam in Interfacing section.

RE: OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate internal raspi-cam - Hannsen - 10-13-2019

sudo raspi-config is running and the PiCam selected ...... and at the rear button remains the red led and the display is black

RE: OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate internal raspi-cam - andyj - 10-13-2019

Is the camera definitely working?  Have you tried it from the command line with something like:

raspistill -o cam.jpg

RE: OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate internal raspi-cam - Hannsen - 10-14-2019

raspistill works and takes a picture, but in open auto there is no picture in rear modus

RE: OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate internal raspi-cam - andyj - 10-14-2019

Anything in the error logs? Have you got anything else running that might be using the camera in the background?

RE: OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate internal raspi-cam - Hannsen - 10-14-2019

Now I've flashed AOP completely new on the SD card, the editor allowed the camera and ubdate and upgrade executed. Sudo -o test.jpg takes a picture. Nothing happens in the rear mode of AOP. (red led lights, no picture)

RE: OAP 3.3.2. Release Candidate internal raspi-cam - andyj - 10-14-2019

Weird. Well I'm at work at the moment but I've got a test rig set up at home. It doesn't have a camera at the moment but I've got one waiting to install. I'll give it a try but it won't be until I get home tonight.