BlueWave Studio forum
Google Android Auto issues - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: OpenAuto Pro (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-86.html)
+--- Forum: Android Auto (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-79.html)
+--- Thread: Google Android Auto issues (/thread-1098.html)

Google Android Auto issues - andyj - 09-09-2019

Everything is working really well at the moment.  I'm using Amazon Music, Google Play Music (just to compare), Audible and maps for the most part and it's completely stable.

I have a couple of problems though.  I'm 99% sure it's nothing to do with OA but thought I'd ask anyway.

1.  Sending messages.
I say "Ok Google, send a message".  She replies, asks if I want to use SMS or What'sApp, takes me through the whole process and asks if I want to send.  She thinks for a while and then says "Sorry, I can't help you with that".

2.  Calendar
When I tap the calendar icon, the voice assistant bit comes up at the top of the screen and she says something about not being able to do it but that she's always learning new things.  I'm just curious why an Google calendar wouldn't work with Android Auto, or whether there's something I'm doing wrong - for information, my account is managed by a Google GSuite account.

RE: 2 issues... - BlueWave - 09-09-2019

Those issues are related directly to Android Auto application - this is not in the scope of OpenAuto Pro. The easiest way would be to reinstall AA app/reset phone to factory settings and see if that helps.

RE: Google Android Auto issues - andyj - 09-09-2019

Just been out to the car to see exactly what the error is on the calendar and I swear it's changed in the last few days. She now actually says that she can't access calendars on Gsuite accounts. It might be that it's the same for messaging but the error isn't as helpful. I know it was a nightmare on my smart watch with odd things not working but no helpful errors.

RE: Google Android Auto issues - jennmike2 - 09-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 11:42 AM)andyj Wrote: Just been out to the car to see exactly what the error is on the calendar and I swear it's changed in the last few days.  She now actually says that she can't access calendars on Gsuite accounts.  It might be that it's the same for messaging but the error isn't as helpful.  I know it was a nightmare on my smart watch with odd things not working but no helpful errors.

I am not having any issues with calendar, it is Google calendar, but I am not running G-suite.

As for my text messaging app I am also not having a problem. The app I use on my phone is Android Messages.

I hope this helps diagnose the issues you are having.

RE: Google Android Auto issues - andyj - 09-09-2019

Yep, did some more digging and it's Gsuite that's the problem. I'm going to have to get shot of it. I pay for that. Can't use the calendar, can't use voice to send messages, can't rate apps in the Play Store. Nothing hugely important but you'd think that Google would be able to join all the dots for the people that are paying for the product,