BlueWave Studio forum
New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: Development (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-88.html)
+--- Forum: Beta software (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-71.html)
+--- Thread: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available (/thread-1020.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Xarsage - 09-06-2019

(09-05-2019, 09:45 PM)rob101 Wrote: I'm having the same mtp error being thrown and blank AA screen as Xarsage mentioned also with rpi 4, using official rpi power supply, ugreen usb sound card and a waveshare touchscreen. I'm going to try using a normal USB mouse instead of the touch screen a bit later.

Edit: i tried that, but turned out i just had to turn on USB debugging  Smile

Hold on, so you managed to run AA just by turning on USB debugging? is it on your phone > System > Developer options > Debugging > USB Debugging (Debug mode when USB is connected) ???

So your Ugreen USB sound card solved or USB Debugging solved it?

(I'm at my work place, can't try this until back home)

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - andyj - 09-06-2019

I'm also getting the issue with the screen being black apart from the top bar if I disconnect my phone (Google Pixel 3a) and reconnect. I tried adding enable_shm=no but that made no difference. There is a line further up that says enable-shm=yes <<< note the hyphen instead of the underscore. I commented out that line and tried a hyphen in the line that I added but it's still the same.

Likewise, if I exit OAP and restart, then connect my phone again it all works fine.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - rob101 - 09-06-2019

(09-06-2019, 07:13 AM)Xarsage Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 09:45 PM)rob101 Wrote: I'm having the same mtp error being thrown and blank AA screen as Xarsage mentioned also with rpi 4, using official rpi power supply, ugreen usb sound card and a waveshare touchscreen. I'm going to try using a normal USB mouse instead of the touch screen a bit later.

Edit: i tried that, but turned out i just had to turn on USB debugging  Smile

Hold on, so you managed to run AA just by turning on USB debugging? is it on your phone > System > Developer options > Debugging > USB Debugging (Debug mode when USB is connected) ???

So your Ugreen USB sound card solved or USB Debugging solved it?

(I'm at my work place, can't try this until back home)

Enabling USB debugging on my phone (as you mentioned through developer options) solved it, ugreen usb sound card was part of the original setup that had the same issue as you mentioned. Anyway hope that works for you too, I still get that error about mtp but soon after the AA screen starts and after a short pause in loading it did end up showing the normal AA menu with all the apps and navi and everything works as intended (when usb debug enabled)

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Xarsage - 09-06-2019

(09-06-2019, 09:22 AM)andyj Wrote: I'm also getting the issue with the screen being black apart from the top bar if I disconnect my phone (Google Pixel 3a) and reconnect.  I tried adding enable_shm=no but that made no difference.  There is a line further up that says enable-shm=yes <<< note the hyphen instead of the underscore.  I commented out that line and tried a hyphen in the line that I added but it's still the same.

Likewise, if I exit OAP and restart, then connect my phone again it all works fine.

are you using usb sound card too?
I had tried enabled my internal sound card from this guide https://bluewavestudio.io/community/showthread.php?tid=675 doesn't work either.
My usb sound card still on the way, order last week.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - rob101 - 09-07-2019

Ok so update it wasn't usb debugging it was actually which display port i was using. Using the mini hdmi closest the USB C power port works rather than the other one. if I use the furtherest one it doesn't work

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - andyj - 09-09-2019

(09-06-2019, 02:27 PM)Xarsage Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 09:22 AM)andyj Wrote: I'm also getting the issue with the screen being black apart from the top bar if I disconnect my phone (Google Pixel 3a) and reconnect.  I tried adding enable_shm=no but that made no difference.  There is a line further up that says enable-shm=yes <<< note the hyphen instead of the underscore.  I commented out that line and tried a hyphen in the line that I added but it's still the same.

are you using usb sound card too?
I had tried enabled my internal sound card from this guide https://bluewavestudio.io/community/showthread.php?tid=675 doesn't work either.
My usb sound card still on the way, order last week.

Yes, it's a ugreen one with the 2 RCA and 3.5mm outputs.  I'm resigning myself to having to restart OAP.  I'm not sure I can think of a real life scenario when I might need to disconnect my phone while OAP is running.  If I stop for fuel, I shut the Pi down anyway.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Frank - 09-11-2019

Backup camera software issue
I have installed a pi fisheye camera on hdmi cable to my pi 3b+. I tested it in a direct hookup and then tested again after installation in my truck. It works well ... almost. When OAP 3.3.2b is engaged, both the reverse camera button sequence and putting truck into reverse (backup light feeds to relay which engages pi on gpio 23) works well. But, when I plug in my phone to engage android auto through OAP, the camera does not work. The software does engage the routine as the warning message and marker appears but no video. When disengaged, the screen returns but locks up ... no input can be done.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Frank - 09-12-2019

(09-11-2019, 07:19 PM)Frank Wrote: Backup camera software issue
I have installed a pi fisheye camera on hdmi cable to my pi 3b+. I tested it in a direct hookup and then tested again after installation in my truck.  It works well ... almost.  When OAP 3.3.2b is engaged, both the reverse camera button sequence and putting truck into reverse (backup light feeds to relay which engages pi on gpio 23) works well.  But, when I plug in my phone to engage android auto through OAP,  the camera does not work. The software does engage the routine as the warning message and marker appears but no video. When disengaged,  the screen returns but locks up ... no input can be done.

UPDATE:  Backup Camera issue resolved.  Changed video settings in OAP to 480, 60 fps, 140DPI and it works.
NEW ISSUE: Now I plug in my phone and the screen goes black.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Frank - 09-12-2019

(08-23-2019, 06:13 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 12:17 PM)765GHF Wrote: Hi

Similar to post #13 above I have the following issue with the beta.

If I disconnect my phone while AA is running and then reconnect it AA reloads to a black screen only. However if I exit OpenAuto Pro after disconnecting my phone, restart OpenAuto Pro and then connect my phone AA starts correctly.

OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2
Raspberry Pi 3B+
RPI touch screen
Google Pixel 2 XL running latest Android Q / 10 beta
External USB powered hub
USB sound card connected to hub
Phone connected to external hub
AA set to new version

I have attached my syslog and 2 openauto logs - the first shows a successful AA start from boot then phone disconnect / reconnect and AA not starting. The second shows OAP being restarted and a successful AA start.

Otherwise all good (light sensor, temperature and RTC all working OK)- keep up the good work!

It might be an issue with PulseAudio shared memory feature. Please add below line to the /etc/pulse/client.conf file:
enable_shm=no
and see if that helps.

I reinstalled Android Auto and encountered all of the setup questions.  Then made changes to /etc/pulse/client_conf file adding enable_shm=no at the bottom.  Rebooted. OAP does everything nicely until I plug in my AA phone. The screen does not go black but AA is never engaged ... screen does not change from the OAP buttons.  Pushing AA button on screen also has no effect.

Power is not an issue.  I have 12 volts DC feeding the AMP2 Hat which feeds the pi 3B+ its required 3.3 volts.  The HAT will take DC power from 12 to 18 volts and feed 3.3 to the Pi

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Robazz - 09-13-2019

Hi All,
Did anyone find out on how to rotate the reversing camera image (pi fisheye camera) in OAP 3.3.2B2?
Also is it possible to change the reversing grid overlay (show guide line) from the standard yellow lines to a multi coloured overlay grid?

Thanks in advance.
Baz.