BlueWave Studio forum
New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: Development (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-88.html)
+--- Forum: Beta software (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-71.html)
+--- Thread: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available (/thread-1020.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Frank - 08-28-2019

Just finished d/l and install.  configured raspberry and oap for camera on and hifiberry amp2 hat.  Having trouble with oap seeing my hifiberry amp2. No output options besides headphones.  No sound.  Running ribbon camera port into hdmi then back to ribbon to the camera. Nothing happens either with pressing button or triggering gpio pin to high.

I suspect my setup

(08-28-2019, 05:02 PM)Frank Wrote: Just finished d/l and install.  configured raspberry and oap for camera on and hifiberry amp2 hat.  Having trouble with oap seeing my hifiberry amp2. No output options besides headphones.  No sound.  Running ribbon camera port into hdmi then back to ribbon to the camera. Nothing happens either with pressing button or triggering gpio pin to high.

I suspect my setup
Camera:  Reseated my ribbons and corrected gpio to look high (I had it looking low!).  Now both the button and GPIO correctly switch to camera and camera does now work.  

SOUND:  Need help here. still no sound

(08-28-2019, 05:02 PM)Frank Wrote: Just finished d/l and install.  configured raspberry and oap for camera on and hifiberry amp2 hat.  Having trouble with oap seeing my hifiberry amp2. No output options besides headphones.  No sound.  Running ribbon camera port into hdmi then back to ribbon to the camera. Nothing happens either with pressing button or triggering gpio pin to high.

I suspect my setup

I suspect my setup
Camera:  Reseated my ribbons and corrected gpio to look high (I had it looking low!).  Now both the button and GPIO correctly switch to camera and camera does now work.  

SOUND:  Need help here. still no sound

================

UPDATE:  All is now working.  Forgot to mark the hifiberry amp2 as the default in pi preferences.  Then went into the audio config, marking output as mono input and multichannel stereo out. It sees the hifi hat now.  Sound works very well.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Frank - 08-28-2019

Evaluations and Suggestions:

1.  Add Volume Up and Down to other player buttons

2.  To exit from an application, (a) press the DOT to return to the menu.  Then (b) press EXIT and [Resume Session] button appears. Then © press POWER button to get [Return, Exit, Reboot, Shutdown]. Then (d) select one of the options.   Software should cut out the (b) step and go directly to ©.

3.  No ring tone on incoming calls.  You have to watch the display to catch an incoming call.... not good if you want to drive too! :-)

4.  Internal BT produced poor incoming voice on telephone.  So I switched to external BT and did the sudo entry to external.  Do I need to redirect to external every time this reboots?

5.  On external BT, incoming call produced no ringtone.  With connection made, incoming audio was very good. But person on other end of the call reported that I echoed.

6. Question: what is the purpose of the notification bell on the screen just above the microphone?

7. Not related to OAP but to the Raspberry Pi (I'm running 3B+):  The digital screen is off.  Press on OpenAuto does not register.  I have to press to the left and up from the actual button.  Is there a way to reconfigure the touchscreen?

8.  Is there any way to edit the application programs offered in OAP to add others?

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Xarsage - 09-02-2019

/etc/pulse/client.conf file:
enable_shm=no
and see if that helps.
[/quote]
Sorry newbie here, how to save? It said "can't open file to write"

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - marcb4 - 09-02-2019

(09-02-2019, 11:20 AM)Xarsage Wrote: /etc/pulse/client.conf file:
enable_shm=no
and see if that helps.
Sorry newbie here, how to save? It said "can't open file to write"

Which editor are you using? I would recommend nano, it's pretty simple.

sudo nano /etc/pulse/client.conf

Remember to use sudo so you can save the file afterwards.

Put in what you wanted to put in => enable_shm=no
Ctrl + O to save file (i think you have to confirm the name of the file with Enter)
Ctrl + X to exit nano
done Smile

I can't get it work with AA, either on my phone though usb or wifi.

When connect via USB:
1. My phone showed Android Auto "Connected to your car".
2. On Pi 4, prompted error windows with "Unable to open MTP device "001,006" and it showed the AA icon on top right corner (next to the clock), but when press the AA icon on the taskbar, it show "Resume session" and "Toggle daynight" but none working.

When trying to connect via Wifi:
1. I point my phone IP address (192.168.43.32), it said "Android Auto is currently unavailable".
2. I use hotspot/tethering on my phone and choose WiFi Gateway, same it said "Android Auto is currently unavailable".

I'm using Xiaomi A2 Mi Lite (AndroidOne) version 9, with latest android auto with latest update.
When I connect to my car the new launcher AA is present, on the phone just old AA version if not connected to head-unit AA capabilities.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - BlueWave - 09-02-2019

(09-02-2019, 02:39 PM)Xarsage Wrote: I can't get it work with AA, either on my phone though usb or wifi.

When connect via USB:
2. On Pi 4, prompted error windows with "Unable to open MTP device "001,006" and it showed the AA icon on top right corner (next to the clock), but when press the AA icon on the taskbar, it show "Resume session" and "Toggle daynight" but none working.

1. I point my phone IP address (192.168.43.32), it said "Android Auto is currently unavailable".
2. I use hotspot/tethering on my phone and choose WiFi Gateway, same it said "Android Auto is currently unavailable".

I'm using Xiaomi A2 Mi Lite (AndroidOne) version 9, with latest android auto with latest update.
When I connect to my car the new launcher AA is present, on the phone just old AA version if not connected to head-unit AA capabilities.

Did you enable head unit server on your phone to connect AA via WiFi? What power supply do you use?

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - andyj - 09-02-2019

I think I might be addicted to this officially now.  I just ordered a 3B+, a touch screen, a 12v power supply and other bits just so that I can build a second head unit to play with in the house.  The hope is that I can set everything up and then just take the SD card out and fit it in the one in the car.

Looking forward to getting the cam working.  I've got the kit that converts the Pi Cam to HDMI along with a 4.5m HDMI cable.  I just need to run the cable and I can get that set up.

Still to do...

Temp sensor - got everything to build it but just need some time
Power management - after failing with the 3 relay solution I have built a circuit that uses an op amp, a cap, a relay, a few resistors and a buck converter.  It's all together in a strip board but I'm short of 1 x 100ohm resistor which should be arriving today and then I can try that as well
DAB - not so bothered about this but I might do it just for the sake of doing it

Is there anything I've missed?  Or anything that others have done?

(09-02-2019, 02:46 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 02:39 PM)Xarsage Wrote: I can't get it work with AA, either on my phone though usb or wifi.

When connect via USB:

Did you enable head unit server on your phone to connect AA via WiFi? What power supply do you use?

I'm using original Pi Type C adapter, yes the AA head unit server started (after enable developer mode under AA)
I'm tying connecting via USB nothing happened.
Connecting via Wifi it show "connecting..." never ending and i can't cancel it.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - BlueWave - 09-02-2019

(09-02-2019, 03:17 PM)Xarsage Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 02:46 PM)BlueWave Wrote:

When connect via USB:

I'm using original Pi Type C adapter, yes the AA head unit server started (after enable developer mode under AA)
I'm tying connecting via USB nothing happened.
Connecting via Wifi it show "connecting..." never ending and i can't cancel it.

Looks like your phone do not want to process further a connection. What are other components of your setup (touchscreen, soundcard, microphone, sd card)?

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Rhys_m - 09-02-2019

not sure if its just me, or if its been highlighted already and I have missed it, but camera works fine, switching on and switching off, however if I have android auto on, and then set the input high, everything crashes back to raspbian desktop.