BlueWave Studio forum
New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: Development (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-88.html)
+--- Forum: Beta software (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-71.html)
+--- Thread: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available (/thread-1020.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - BlueWave - 08-16-2019

(08-16-2019, 10:50 AM)Vitalic Wrote: Is the GPIO for rearcam input or output?

I guess it is an inputvalue the trigger a script when Pin goes high? So if i use the reargear signal 12V i'll have to convert it to 3.3V for the GPIO to not demage the Pi.

At the moment my new PCB is produced for my own solution in BMW. Pibus sends a high in GPIO pin 17 if rear gear is selected and then a HDMI switch selects the source cam to be displayed on the display. Therefor AV Video is converted to HDMI.

Maybe i should give your solution a try as i don't need the switch anymore. Also USB cams should give better resolution then a AV cam.

How is the rearcam pic shown? Integrated in AOP or external window?

Yes, it works the way you described. When state of the desired pin is HIGH then rear camera video is visible. When pin gets low the video is hidded. Everything is integrated into OpenAuto Pro application via v4l2 driver.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Vitalic - 08-16-2019

Lol so i need to add an option to my PCB to choose between my solution and the usb cam. That will be easy...

RE: Allow native support of USB cameras - leobaillard - 08-21-2019

I was using a USB TV stick (with yellow/red/white cinch plugs) and a backup camera installed above my license plate with the OSE version of Open Auto. I bought Open Auto Pro and I'm using the beta version that has support for backup cameras but mine is not displayed, I only get a black screen.

Before, I was successfully using this program: https://github.com/meekys/cam_overlay which uses V4L2 and a Rpi GPU layer to display its output.

I wonder if something like that could not be added to OAP? I tried to launch it but this is all I get:
Opened device '/dev/video0'
Dimensions: 720 x 480 Pixel Format: YUYV
* failed to add service - already in use?

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - goon818 - 08-21-2019

I can not turn the screen around 180°.

Normally i add the parameter lcd_rotate=2 in the end of boot/config.txt.
But with the Beta 2 it not work.

Can the rotation an option in OAP?

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - BlueWave - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 01:14 PM)leobaillard Wrote: I was using a USB TV stick (with yellow/red/white cinch plugs) and a backup camera installed above my license plate with the OSE version of Open Auto. I bought Open Auto Pro and I'm using the beta version that has support for backup cameras but mine is not displayed, I only get a black screen.

Before, I was successfully using this program: https://github.com/meekys/cam_overlay which uses V4L2 and a Rpi GPU layer to display its output.

I wonder if something like that could not be added to OAP? I tried to launch it but this is all I get:
Opened device '/dev/video0'
Dimensions: 720 x 480 Pixel Format: YUYV
* failed to add service - already in use?

Looks like mentioned software is incompatible with X11 mode. However, OpenAuto Pro uses V4L2 to display video from camera. Are you sure that your dongle is supported by Raspbian Buster?

(08-21-2019, 08:32 PM)goon818 Wrote: I can not turn the screen around 180°.

Normally i add the parameter lcd_rotate=2 in the end of boot/config.txt.
But with the Beta 2 it not work.

Can the rotation an option in OAP?

Screen rotation feature is handled by Raspbian OS. As far as we know many changes have been done in scope of GPU driver with the latest Raspbian version. We suggest to contact Pi foundation (via its github or forum) and ask about this feature.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - goon818 - 08-22-2019

Okay. I can do this. Before, I try it on an new Raspian image.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - goon818 - 08-22-2019

Sorry my mistake. I try raspian and a reflash from OAP. And now, it works.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - 765GHF - 08-23-2019

Hi

Similar to post #13 above I have the following issue with the beta.

If I disconnect my phone while AA is running and then reconnect it AA reloads to a black screen only. However if I exit OpenAuto Pro after disconnecting my phone, restart OpenAuto Pro and then connect my phone AA starts correctly.

OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2
Raspberry Pi 3B+
RPI touch screen
Google Pixel 2 XL running latest Android Q / 10 beta
External USB powered hub
USB sound card connected to hub
Phone connected to external hub
AA set to new version

I have attached my syslog and 2 openauto logs - the first shows a successful AA start from boot then phone disconnect / reconnect and AA not starting. The second shows OAP being restarted and a successful AA start.

Otherwise all good (light sensor, temperature and RTC all working OK)- keep up the good work!

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - BlueWave - 08-23-2019

(08-23-2019, 12:17 PM)765GHF Wrote: Hi

Similar to post #13 above I have the following issue with the beta.

If I disconnect my phone while AA is running and then reconnect it AA reloads to a black screen only. However if I exit OpenAuto Pro after disconnecting my phone, restart OpenAuto Pro and then connect my phone AA starts correctly.

OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2
Raspberry Pi 3B+
RPI touch screen
Google Pixel 2 XL running latest Android Q / 10 beta
External USB powered hub
USB sound card connected to hub
Phone connected to external hub
AA set to new version

I have attached my syslog and 2 openauto logs - the first shows a successful AA start from boot then phone disconnect / reconnect and AA not starting. The second shows OAP being restarted and a successful AA start.

Otherwise all good (light sensor, temperature and RTC all working OK)- keep up the good work!

It might be an issue with PulseAudio shared memory feature. Please add below line to the /etc/pulse/client.conf file:
enable_shm=no
and see if that helps.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - 765GHF - 08-25-2019

Thanks for the quick reply.

Adding the entry enable_shm=no to /etc/pulse/client.conf fixed the issue.