BlueWave Studio forum
New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Printable Version

+- BlueWave Studio forum (https://bluewavestudio.io/community)
+-- Forum: Development (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-88.html)
+--- Forum: Beta software (https://bluewavestudio.io/community/forum-71.html)
+--- Thread: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available (/thread-1020.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - stefi - 08-13-2019

tested with a pi 3b+, not tried the camera yet but all seems to work ok but unlike the previous beta version i have to conect to bluetooth manualy each time from the phone (not through OAP),    it is set up the same as the first beta which did auto conect, also zram script no longer works although this maybe some change with the os itself so not too fussed, light sensor works ok and so does the temp sensor, phone is moto e5 cruise and android v8.0
also with the previous version of beta i could not get A2DP to work but with this version it works flawlessly once conected Smile
one problem though is that if i exit OAP then try reopen it it gives me the time and temp at the top and the rest is a black screen so i need to reboot to get back but i am thinking i have a faulty usb lead or sound card which explain this

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Daniel_BlueWave - 08-13-2019

@stefi Thank you very much for this report. We will have a look at your issue points.

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - stefi - 08-13-2019

i tried a new sound card and as expected that was the corse of the black screen issue so for me its just the bluetooth and the new home screen on AA is awsome, love it

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - cantonebiat - 08-14-2019

okay so i been playing around with the new beta version and i have noticed something..... on start up all is good OAP loads up, i connect my phone and AA starts no problem there.... if i disconnect the usb cable while on AA and try to reconnect it back AA gets stuck with a black screen and the only way to get it to work is by exiting OAP and re-launching it (not the Pi just OAP)....but if i exit AA using the exit button from the menu and disconnecting my usb cable and reconnecting it back AA works almost all the time.

i have also noticed that if i connect my phone while the pi is off and start the pi... AA doesnt start automatically even if i have it set to do so, i have to disconnect the phone and connect it back for AA to start.

just sharing this in-case there can be a fix

missed another issue.... while AA is on and i decide to access my phone AA closes and try to re-launch but gets stuck with a black screen.... again to get it to work OAP needs to be restarted and connecting the phone...

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - stefi - 08-14-2019

i get that too so restart the whole system lol but again, if i press exit to go out then resume button to go back then it will reopen OAP without problem

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - BlueWave - 08-14-2019

Could you please post something more about your setup? It would be also helpful to collect the logs when issue occures again (/home/pi/.openauto/cache/openauto.log and /var/log/syslog).

According to the description it looks like USB sound card has been disconnected somehow (power issue?).

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - cantonebiat - 08-15-2019

will try and grab the log next time... and will try another power source if that helps

my current setup is

pi 3 b+
7 inch HDMI display
USB hub where my phone and sound card are connected
currently using onboard Bluetooth (waiting for my dongle)

on a separate note i cant seem to get OAP to generate the "openauto_system.ini" file, i have made changes to the setting to force it but i can't seem to find the file at /home/pi directory..... am i looking at the wrong place? please help

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - stefi - 08-15-2019

(08-15-2019, 03:09 AM)cantonebiat Wrote: will try and grab the log next time... and will try another power source if that helps

my current setup is

pi 3 b+
7 inch HDMI display

on a separate note i cant seem to get OAP to generate the "openauto_system.ini" file, i have made changes to the setting to force it but i can't seem to find the file at /home/pi directory..... am i looking at the wrong place? please help
if you are using winscp then the files are hidden.
to show the files go to options then preferences and then click on panels, then click on show hidden files and click ok, you will then see the files
which are in /home/pi/.openauto/config/openauto_system.ini

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - cantonebiat - 08-15-2019

(08-15-2019, 03:27 AM)stefi Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 03:09 AM)cantonebiat Wrote: will try and grab the log next time... and will try another power source if that helps

my current setup is

pi 3 b+
7 inch HDMI display

if you are using winscp then the files are hidden.
to show the files go to options then preferences and then click on panels, then click on show hidden files and click ok, you will then see the files
which are in /home/pi/.openauto/config/openauto_system.ini
Thanks Stefi ... will try that later today...

RE: New beta version OpenAuto Pro 3.3.2 b2 is available - Vitalic - 08-16-2019

Is the GPIO for rearcam input or output?

I guess it is an inputvalue the trigger a script when Pin goes high? So if i use the reargear signal 12V i'll have to convert it to 3.3V for the GPIO to not demage the Pi.

At the moment my new PCB is produced for my own solution in BMW. Pibus sends a high in GPIO pin 17 if rear gear is selected and then a HDMI switch selects the source cam to be displayed on the display. Therefor AV Video is converted to HDMI.

Maybe i should give your solution a try as i don't need the switch anymore. Also USB cams should give better resolution then a AV cam.

How is the rearcam pic shown? Integrated in AOP or external window?