OpenAuto Pro, not booting

General discussion about OpenAuto Pro
gentlegiant72

OpenAuto Pro, not booting

Post by gentlegiant72 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:45 am

After download the Image as per the email.... Followed the instructions of creating the SD card. No errors completed successfully.
Plugged the SD into my Raspberry Pi 3+.powered up and....... nothing... doesnt complete the boot up sequence....
Would have expected that somewhere I would need to enter the license key, but NOTHING

Can anyone help to solve this......

BlueWave
Site Admin

Re: OpenAuto Pro, not booting

Post by BlueWave » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:59 am

Hello,
Please provide more details about your setup. What SD card do you use? What screen, soundcard and power supply?

gentlegiant72

Post by gentlegiant72 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:23 am

The setup is the same as for running Open Auto open source.
32Gb micro SD Kingston SD formatted and Flashed with "balenaEtcher"
7" 800x480 LCD touch screen.
uGreen USB external Sound card.
wireless Keyboard
Raspberry Pi 3B+.
Power Supply is 5v 2.5A
Not sure what else to add.

This system as is, worked with the OpenAuto opensource system until Google latest updates stopped that working.

I decided to go the OpenAuto Pro route to put an end to the infernal hassles with google and OPenAUto
Let me know what other information you require.

Thanks
John

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:45 am

The easiest way would be to re-download and reflash the image.

OpenAuto Pro should start to work right after flashing the SD card. If you can confirm that all components were working previously, the only possibilities are problems during downloading/flashing the image.

gentlegiant72

Post by gentlegiant72 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi,
I do confirm that my setup/components worked perfectly previously, the boot up is quick and opens on to the traditional Raspberry Pi screen. I am able to run other Apps flawlessly

I have followed your advice of re-downloading the image, re-formatting the SD card and then flashing the image. The system still does not complete boot up. All that is on the screen is "NO Signal". I have even tried flashing a different SD card of 16Gb from a different manufacturer. I have also tried using a Raspberry Pi Model 2 B. Still no success.

I am of the opinion this image is somehow not complete. Maybe a new Image to download??

I sincerely hope you have an alternative option for me.....

Thanking you

John

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:40 pm

We tested image generated for your order and it works fine. So this is definitely not image-related problem. Could you please describe step by step how are you flashing the image on SD card (including used software).

Btw. how did you get NO SIGNAL information on official touchscreen? As far as we know it does not have such functionality. Did you use the HDMI screen together with official touchscreen? If yes, please note that the touchscreen will take over the control and video signal will not be routed through HDMI. In order to use HDMI you must unplug official touchscreen.

gentlegiant72

Post by gentlegiant72 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:51 pm

The procedure used is as described in your instructions.....
1)... Download Image...
2)... Plugged in uSDCard into holder into PC. using SD card formatter, Formatted fat(32)...
3) .. Started balena Etcher (run as administrator), selected Image as downloaded. Started flash.
4) after validation, unplugged uSD card and inserted into Raspberry Pi....
5) Powered up Raspberry Pi. after a while the green led starts flashing. the LCD screen goes blank, then has blue screen with a notification "No Signal"
6) Nothing further happens except a periodic green led flash.

I dont understand your last comment. its the same LCD screen used on the previous system and works well in HDMI mode. What is the "official" touch screen, since this is the only screen i have ever used....

John

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:07 pm

Please post link (or manufacturer name and model) to the LCD screen that you are using. If it is HDMI screen most probably it requires additional configuration in /boot/config.txt that you are missing.

gentlegiant72

Post by gentlegiant72 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Hi,
this is the only link I have.....
https://github.com/goodtft/LCD-show, the corresponding driver is the LCD7B-show.

I must add that even without this -- when i began this episode the unit ran fine with out this update except that everything was little oversized.
also I did try adding the following to the "config.txt" file but nothing changed..
max_usb_current=1
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=1
hdmi_mode=87
hdmi_cvt 800 480 60 6 0 0 0

Still hoping for a good outcome.... Thank you for your assistance...

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Did you try to run complete script from the github page or you just simply copied some values to /boot/config.txt? According to the scripts from github repository that you mentioned, the setup process requires more steps that just edit /boot/config.txt.

Please follow the manufacturer instructions carefully. OpenAuto Pro is based on the regular Raspbian Stretch OS (the same that you were using with open source version) so everything should work as previously. Also it might be required to follow this thread https://bluewavestudio.io/forum/viewtop ... f=14&t=137 after drivers installation.