USB audio streaming from Pi to Grom audio kit?

waughoo

USB audio streaming from Pi to Grom audio kit?

Post by waughoo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:56 pm

I have a Grom audio USB 3 that supports USB audio streaming from an android or apple device. I'm curious to know if this can somehow be adapted to be the audio out source for my OpenAuto pi platform (usb connection). It would be preferred to use the USB out from the Pi as my audio for OpenAuto, and then connect the bluetooth device to the phone for "hands free only" which will make the Android Auto part work pretty smoothly as the grom device will default to the bluetooth whenever a source comes from there. I've included the link below for reference. If you need further documentation or have questions, let me know.

https://gromaudio.com/store/usb_adapter ... r-kit.html

BlueWave
Site Admin

Re: USB audio streaming from Pi to Grom audio kit?

Post by BlueWave » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:47 pm

To be honest it is hard to understood what would you like to achieve.
Do you want to connect your phone with RPI for HFP and with Grom for A2DP? This theoretically should be possible. Then you can connect audio output from RPI via external sound card to Grom.
AA can be used via USB cable or Wifi.

waughoo

Post by waughoo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:34 pm

What I'm looking to have is the audio out from OAP be sent over USB from the pi to the Grom device which supports audio streaming via usb input.

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:18 am

The OpenAuto Pro is application running on regular Raspbian OS. If you are able to configure system to use your Grom as USB sound card then you have default audio output as you expect. In addition you have to provide audio input for microphone.

waughoo

Post by waughoo » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:51 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it.