Release Candidate of OpenAuto Pro 3 available

Information and issues with beta version of OpenAuto Pro
BlueWave
Site Admin

Re: Release Candidate of OpenAuto Pro 3 available

Post by BlueWave » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:03 pm

Hisma wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:57 pm
I have encountered what appears to be a design flaw (not necessarily a bug), and was hoping it could be addressed.

I have now transitioned to using wireless AA from USB. It works well most of the time, however, sometimes (and I think this is a problem with my phone, not openauto), when trying to connect to my phone's IP address from the openauto interface, it just hangs on "trying to connect". Because the problem is probably on my phone, the connection never establishes, and it hangs on "trying to connect" indefinitely until I physically reboot my pi. Whenever this happens, I have to restart the headunit server before my phone can connect again.

Is there some way you can program a connection timeout? That way, if there is some sort of problem establishing a wireless connection, whether it be due to a problem with the phone, or a problem with the pi, it will automatically time out after say, 30 seconds or so? It's happened to me several times now and it's a bit of a pain.

Thank you.
Hello,
What happens when you press the "Cancel" button?

Hisma

Post by Hisma » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:04 am

Nothing. the system appears to just be stuck. But I would expect that even w/o manually choosing it to cancel, it should auto time-out after a certain period of time.

Hisma

Post by Hisma » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:24 pm

I would also like to add that even though cancel does not work, the system is not completely frozen. The "connection animation" is still moving, and if I am connected via ssh, I can run the reboot command and the system responds. It just seems that the connection function is stuck in some sort of loop.

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:00 pm

It looks like your phone states that it is connected but did not send the notification that connection is either established or failed. We will prepare a workaround for that issue and release it as soon as possible.