General discussions
rubenverhoef

Re: The future of OAP

Post by rubenverhoef » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:56 am

Valentino wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:09 am
rubenverhoef wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:10 pm
@BlueWave About the DAB radio, you should look into making a MP3 player native in OAP and use welle-cli for DAB radio. Welle-cli can stream MP3 files which the MP3 player can play.
So you are saying yo use the mp3 player to tune into a radio station?
That is correct. There is need for some code to switch to correct channel before requesting the mp3 stream but that are some small parts. Also a scan function should be made but is also very easy. I have made a small script for it, it needs improvements but it is easy to make.

So, an MP3 player native in OAP which has a radio section which streams the mp3's from welle-cli.

caseyjay

Re: Discussion about OAP

Post by caseyjay » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:52 pm

now that would be the ideal app for me - I'm not a fan of Kodi, I have an Audi native 480x240 RGB poor resolution screen with limited real estate so the Spotify/App links are completely useless as is any other desktop based app. I use MyTuner and Simple Radio on my Android HU and these are imho excellent examples. Big icons to switch stations/feeds simply when you're driving...

Valentino

Post by Valentino » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:33 am

Hi Bluewave

Did you have the chance to read my last message?

I would like to know if there will be a radio feature in the next upgrade?

Thanks

Vale

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:41 pm

So far we did not find any solution which suits to our requirements. Therefore we do not plan to provide FM radio feature in upcoming update.

Chrisfromwa

Post by Chrisfromwa » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:10 pm

BlueWave wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:41 pm
So far we did not find any solution which suits to our requirements. Therefore we do not plan to provide FM radio feature in upcoming update.
Are you completely dropping the idea?
I thought you BlueWave had already started on the software? What testing did you do? What is the hangup?

This was something you talked about back in October, as an upcoming feature an almost a selling point. Back then it sounded like you had something in the works and were close to releasing.
Radio fm is also at our list with high priority... maybe the second update ;) ?! Stay tuned :D
If you want OpenAuto to be a true head unit replacement, there has to be a FM radio option. Otherwise, it will never take off because people are not willing to just lose a basic function of their existing head unit.

I would be willing to help with testing, but I'm not willing to buy tons of extra hardware not knowing if it's what you guys need.
If you have software in the works, and have a piece of hardware that you would like me to test it with. Let me know, and I'll see if it's something I can purchase.

Valentino

Post by Valentino » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:15 pm

What are you guys working on in terms of upgrades?

I do think that radio should be integrated and i am happy to help testing, I do use OAP on a daily basis in London.

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:36 pm

Let's switch here https://bluewavestudio.io/forum/viewtop ... f=13&t=496 for radio FM discussions.

Currently we are going to introduce Android mirroring feature.

Valentino

Post by Valentino » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:15 pm

That's pretty cool, what would be the use of that for a car infotainment system? Sounds interesting,

I think I seen quite a few successful story of people mirroring android onto raspbian, could be a good advantage for you guys!

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:48 am

Possibilities depend of the user. You can simply watch movies from your phone, or use apps dedicated to Android like some with OBD data, gas, maintenance etc. You can build your own dashboard and stream it to the Rpi. In case you do not want to use AA you can simply use your favorite navigation app.
There is a lot of additional possibilities. We will see what people will do with this feature.