Android Auto not starting (USB | WIFI)

BlueWave
Site Admin

Re: Android Auto not starting (USB | WIFI)

Post by BlueWave » Wed May 15, 2019 5:51 am

Please be more precise - what is extremely slow? Android Auto interface? OpenAuto Pro interface? It would be much easier to investigate the issue if you would describe it more precisely. In provided logs we see that your WiFi connection is very unstable. Please check the connection on 5GHz hotspot (if possible). Also it looks like you want to connect to your phone when provious Android Auto session is still active.

Crankshaft software is in fact open source version of OpenAuto (it does not provide any modifications or improvements to the Android Auto backend at all) that has less requirements than the Pro version.

Rioux

Post by Rioux » Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm

I succesfully launched Android Auto 1 or 2 times in usb and it seem fast, but with hotspot android auto is slow ad hell, take me 10 sec just to launch maps...

And now cannot launch android auto anymore... i dont know how to be more "precise".l if i just cant launch AA?

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Wed May 15, 2019 7:20 pm

Rioux wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm
I succesfully launched Android Auto 1 or 2 times in usb and it seem fast, but with hotspot android auto is slow ad hell, take me 10 sec just to launch maps...

And now cannot launch android auto anymore... i dont know how to be more "precise".l if i just cant launch AA?
Did you try to use 5GHz hotspot as we asked in previous post? If AndroidAuto is slow over WiFi but works normal over USB - the problem is in WiFi link between Raspberry PI and your Phone.

1. Please try to connect to the IP of your phone manually and check if you see any difference.
2. Please try to use 5GHz hotspot as we asked in previous post and provide information whether you used it or not.
3. Please provide output of the ifconfig command when Raspberry PI is connected to your Phone's Hotspot
4. What is the ping duration from the Raspberry PI to your Phone via Hotspot?
5. Disable Bluetooth Tethering on your phone and retest Android Auto over WiFi.

According to our previous post - from provided logs we see issues with WiFi link between Raspberry PI and your Phone which is not caused by OpenAuto Pro at all.

Rioux

Post by Rioux » Wed May 15, 2019 9:34 pm

Im using a raspberry pi 3 b, no 5ghz. I bought a B+

I downgraded google play service and updated to latest version again

Flashed openAuto again on my Pi

Now it seem to work well

im using my Pi as Hotspot with RaspAp, bit slow but just because its running on 2.4ghz.

Usb work perfectly now!

(Sorry for my english and explanation)