Enable webrtc echo cancellation
  • 1 Edit /etc/pulse/default.pa

Code: Select all

$ sudo nano /etc/pulse/default.pa
  • 2 At the end of file paste below code

Code: Select all

### Echo cancel and noise reduction

.ifexists module-echo-cancel.so

load-module module-echo-cancel aec_method=webrtc aec_args="mobile=1 analog_gain_control=0 digital_gain_control=1 comfort_noise=0 noise_suppression=1 voice_detection=0 routing_mode=loud-speakerphone" source_name=echoCancel_source sink_name=echoCancel_sink

set-default-source echoCancel_source

set-default-sink echoCancel_sink

.endif

EugeneJ

Re: Enabling Hands-Free Profile on Raspberry Pi

Post by EugeneJ » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:21 am

Not Certain if this is the best spot on the forum to place this issue or if it should be on this forum at all. My Bluetooth connectivity issue appears to be behind me! But this problem has persisted with internal or external Bluetooth and over multiple versions of Open Auto Pro for me. Not really certain this has anything to do with Bluetooth anymore. I have continued to not hear any ringer when receiving a call. If I run Android Auto on the phone all is well it rings. The moment Android Auto starts with insertion of USB cable to the phone the volume of the ringer on the phone switches to muted. Restores to normal when USB is disconnected. Not certain if the issue is with Android Auto or with Open Auto Pro or Bluetooth just looking for any direction to help me fix it. Any help would as usual be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

BlueWave
Site Admin

Re: Enabling Hands-Free Profile on Raspberry Pi

Post by BlueWave » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:46 pm

EugeneJ wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:21 am
Not Certain if this is the best spot on the forum to place this issue or if it should be on this forum at all. My Bluetooth connectivity issue appears to be behind me! But this problem has persisted with internal or external Bluetooth and over multiple versions of Open Auto Pro for me. Not really certain this has anything to do with Bluetooth anymore. I have continued to not hear any ringer when receiving a call. If I run Android Auto on the phone all is well it rings. The moment Android Auto starts with insertion of USB cable to the phone the volume of the ringer on the phone switches to muted. Restores to normal when USB is disconnected. Not certain if the issue is with Android Auto or with Open Auto Pro or Bluetooth just looking for any direction to help me fix it. Any help would as usual be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Currently OpenAuto Pro rely on the ringtone transmitted from phone via Bluetooth. We will add this feature (ringtone independent from phone) to our TODO list and include it in one of future releases.