What would you expect more from OpenAuto Pro?

Tell us what would you like to have in OpenAuto Pro
Viper

Re: What would you expect more from OpenAuto Pro?

Post by Viper » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:33 am

Hello,
I still have a few suggestions for improvement:
1. that the contacts from the smartphone are stored in OAP. For some reason the retrieval of contacts via Bluetooth doesn't always work (I'm not sure if it's the RPI 3b+ Bluetooth, I had an external dongle before but it didn't support Bluetooth music).
2. that the album cover is displayed during Bluetooth streeming.

moenon

Post by moenon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:56 am

Viper wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:33 am
Hello,
I still have a few suggestions for improvement:
1. that the contacts from the smartphone are stored in OAP. For some reason the retrieval of contacts via Bluetooth doesn't always work (I'm not sure if it's the RPI 3b+ Bluetooth, I had an external dongle before but it didn't support Bluetooth music).
2. that the album cover is displayed during Bluetooth streeming.
1- check on your phone that contacts sharing is enabled for the paired device
2- this depends on the bluez library in raspbian, it will work someday

Viper

Post by Viper » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:48 pm

moenon wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:56 am
1- check on your phone that contacts sharing is enabled for the paired device
Sharing is enabbled, it has already worked. But I don't know if only with the external bluetooth dongel that I used before, this dongel wasn't able to play bluetooth music. So I go to the internal bluetooth from the pi.
moenon wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:56 am
2- this depends on the bluez library in raspbian, it will work someday
Ok I don't know that. Thank you!

stefi

Post by stefi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:09 pm

it would be nice if we had some built in MP3 player with maybe internet radio added so then we wont need to rely on kodi, i added webradio py which does everything but to see it intergrated would be nice.
also weather widget, OBD 2 functions, reverse camera with record function incase the user wants it as a dash cam, maybe add a menu option so you can show or hide already built in apps. aprt from that i guess it would be just updates as needed as it is near perfect as it is :D

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Sun May 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Version 3.3 has been released couple days ago but there is no time to take a break - we are working hard on 3.4 version 8-) . Have a look at one of the new features - quick access for music playback controls.

Stay tuned!
Attachments
2019-05-12-230242_800x480_scrot.png
2019-05-12-230242_800x480_scrot.png (129.19 KiB) Viewed 288 times
IMG_20190512_222804.jpg
IMG_20190512_222804.jpg (149.59 KiB) Viewed 288 times

Viper

Post by Viper » Mon May 13, 2019 6:26 am

The quick access for the musik control is great!

But what is behind the "My vehicle" Button?

CoRuXr

Post by CoRuXr » Mon May 13, 2019 11:02 am

Raspotify bundling in the rom.
I tinker around with my car alot and keep installing this software. its awesome. its simple. its lightweight. i think everyone would welcome the addition.

its a spotify connect endpoint for raspberry pi. whenever its in the same wifi network (for those with hotspots) it just works and everyone can connect spotify. in my experience its easier than bluetooth and older phones dont have issues with sound stuttering when using spotify connect compared to bluetooth.

its whatever i use whenever i dont or cant run AA in OAP and is friendlier to friends that ride along. i even named my hotspot the same as my home wifi network so its seamless for everyone.

perhaps a great addition within OAP specifically is to set the config file for raspotify where you can give the spotify connect endpoint a name + restart after renaming.

CoRuXr

Post by CoRuXr » Mon May 13, 2019 11:19 am

Oh. and the addition of a microphone gain slider in the audio settings would be amazing. i use a lavelier mic in the ceiling which is great against car noise and gives by far the best speech quality. but this also means the sound is very muted and i need to set the gain outside of the OAP system.

marcimix

Post by marcimix » Wed May 15, 2019 12:00 am

I'm looking for dpad keys on the androidauto, like: up, down, left right, exit and enter.
I doesn't have rpi3 still but I wonder to get open at startup only android auto. I don't need any kodi software or screen mirroring. Just fast to boot
Thank you!

MarkWard

Post by MarkWard » Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 am

1. Allow any video (such as video from any back-up camera) be displayed over the Open Auto app when activated via GPIO. This is currently broken.
2. In settings, set a default Android Auto connection default. For example, you you choose to always use Gateway, select it in settngs rather than having to select it every time you start.