2009 mazdaspeed 3 oem navigation system

Show us your implementation of our products.
Th3boss90

2009 mazdaspeed 3 oem navigation system

Post by Th3boss90 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:29 am

Hey guys I'm currently planning doing this project for my car(2009 Mazdaspeed3) with the oem navigation system flip up screen . I'm planning to replace the old screen out and replace it with a generic 7 inch touchscreen hdmi, I'm wanting to run my whole setup with raspberry pi b plus and for audio output I'm going with dac hifi model number x900 es9023 from that I will be connecting the audio to a external crossover to be able to do my amp set up for inside the car.. with all that I'm planning to integrate an external usb sound card to be able to use the microphone for phone and Google commands.. also planning to buy the RTL-SDR fm transmitter because I wont be using my stock car radio and from that the list goes on and on .. but my main thing is I want to be able to use the oem /factory mazda 3 menu display control switch model number BP4K669L1A, CY-KM6390A but I dont know how to setup wiring with my raspberry pi . If any body got some more knowledge than me please feel free to help a brother out .. this is all of it so far . When I receive everything I will be updating my post ..

BlueWave
Site Admin

Re: 2009 mazdaspeed 3 oem navigation system

Post by BlueWave » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:21 am

Hey, as to your project. Sound card and microphone should not be an issue as this already works with OpenAuto Pro. There is also support for SDR DAB radio by welle.io. We have plans to support for SDR FM radio.

OpenAuto Pro reacts only on PC keyboard presses. It means that it does not know whether Mazda or any other controller is connected. There is a special service pre-installed on the image that translates signals from external panel to keyboard events.

In order to use custom device as a controller for OpenAuto Pro (similary to solution with iDrive or MMI) you have to catch signals from that device and translate them to keyboard presses. For the best "user experience" you need a device able to simulate at least 6 keyboard buttons:
1 for scroll left
2 for scroll right
Left arrow
Right arrow
Up arrow
Down arrow
Escape
F12 that brings OpenAuto Pro to front

Good luck :)

Th3boss90

Re: 2009 mazdaspeed 3 oem navigation system

Post by Th3boss90 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:50 pm

Thank you for the information.. I will try to do something with the oem navigation controller with help of one of my friends and if I get some good results I will be posting then..