Audi MMI 2G High

Show us your implementation of our products.
radexon

Re: Audi MMI 2G High

Post by radexon » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:02 am

Hmm yes i know that project dont use touch.
Im courious if touch screen and this module LVDS in connection with raspberry and our project she gives signal to raspberry .
Example i click on custom place in screen example Kodi icon and he send signal to raspberry?

P.S mozna po polsku tu pisac czy tylko angielski ?:)

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:10 pm

We would like to keep it in English, in order not to repeat our self for other users.

You have to analyze and check if this solution can be connected to RPI and will work with regular Raspbian OS. Especially in terms of touchscreen. We can not give you answer yes/not, as we do not know it. For us first step would be read user manual and then google.

radexon

Post by radexon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:12 pm

Hmm i find LVDS adapter without audio and with good $ and i have question what sound adapter your recomended?
How is quality display on MMI 2G HIGH (480*240 resolution?you have photo?

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:25 pm

We use audio adapter made by the VNSMedia.

Regarding photos, please take a look at our blog post https://bluewavestudio.io/index.php/blo ... life-tests

radexon

Post by radexon » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:05 am

Can please better photo which cable is responsible for read mmi buttons?
On first post i see photo with cable but ,wich is from MMI buttons to connect TTL logic converter

Audio and video is connect to HDMI output and converter or is connect composite to audio/video output?

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:37 am

radexon wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:05 am
Can please better photo which cable is responsible for read mmi buttons?
On first post i see photo with cable but ,wich is from MMI buttons to connect TTL logic converter

Audio and video is connect to HDMI output and converter or is connect composite to audio/video output?
It is 16th wire from the MMI head unit harness. All pins at the MMI head unit plug are numbered so 16th should be easy to find. We are using external USB sound card that is connected to the AUX adapter. Regarding video output you can use Raspberry's RCA output but please note that it requires proper RCA cable. Also HDMI->RCA should work but it is more expensive than RCA cable and we did not notice any quality improvements at all.

pitty

Post by pitty » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi guys,

I'm trying to understand a couple of doubts regarding the project.
I bought your power supply, your software, I bought a raspberyy pi 3 b+, I bought a Female Converter Module Board MAX3232 RS232 Serial Port To TTL DB9 With Cable, that I will connect from the pin 16 of the MMI keyboard to my raspberry.
My doubts are:
1. Why have you used an external USB audio card as raspberry already has a 4 pole audio jack?
2. You bought a vns interface for audio and video, I will do the same, but how have you connected the video interface to the raspberry?

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:16 pm

pitty wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:34 pm
1. Why have you used an external USB audio card as raspberry already has a 4 pole audio jack?
We use it because built-in Raspberry PI sound card does not provide microphone input which is required to run OpenAuto Pro. Another reason is just poor quality of internal sound chip with massive ground loop.

pitty wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:34 pm
2. You bought a vns interface for audio and video, I will do the same, but how have you connected the video interface to the raspberry?
Our video interface can be connected directly to the Raspberry PI via Composite output (3.5mm Jack socket). Please notice that Raspberry PI has "unusual" pinout of the 3.5mm Jack socket that requires dedicated RCA cable (available e.g. at adafruit store). Another possibility is usage of HDMI to RCA converter but that is more expensive solution and actually does not provide better quality than the built-in RCA output.

radexon

Post by radexon » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:33 pm

One question.
Where is connect yellow cable from adapter video on first photo?he is responsible for navi switch?
I have smiliar but he cable is without plugs and have this
https://imgur.com/HIFOxHm

BlueWave
Site Admin

Post by BlueWave » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Yes,
it was responsible for getting signals from the MMI 2G control panel but we did not connect it.