Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 7.0
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Splash Screen in OpenAuto Pro
(03-15-2020, 11:18 PM)Poldo Wrote: good evening i can't edit the file in the usr / share / openautopro folder when i go to edit the file nothing and when i delete the same how can i solve thanks

You need root rights to edit files in system directories. In command line execute sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/openautopro.splash.service command and then you will be able to edit the file using nano editor.
(03-16-2020, 09:38 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 11:18 PM)Poldo Wrote: good evening i can't edit the file in the usr / share / openautopro folder when i go to edit the file nothing and when i delete the same how can i solve thanks

You need root rights to edit files in system directories. In command line execute sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/openautopro.splash.service command and then you will be able to edit the file using nano editor.
good evening the problem is that i can't set the super user mode # i always stay $ when i give instruction and i authenticate with password it tells me that the password is wrong
(03-17-2020, 12:06 AM)Poldo Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 09:38 PM)BlueWave Wrote:

]good evening the problem is that i can't set the super user mode # i always stay $ when i give instruction and i authenticate with password it tells me that the password is wrong
Are you using the default pi user account?

The default password is raspberry. and that user has passwordless sudo (NOPASSWD) configured by default. That password should work unless you changed it.
/etc/sudoers.d/010_pi-nopasswd
Code:
pi ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

Are you sure Caps Lock isn't on? Or maybe Caps Lock was on when you changed the password? Perhaps try variations of a password you chose when you changed the default one (if you did). For example, if you chose the password Raspberry, try rASPBERRY.

There are other ways to get hacky root access and re-set a password, but it might just be easier to reinstall the OAP image if you somehow screwed something up.
(07-31-2019, 08:45 AM)hpetersen Wrote: Export movie from Keynote with h264 codec.
After copying the movie to Raspberry Pi you need to convert the movie format to real h264 using this command.
"ffmpeg -i kia_splash.m4v -an -vcodec libx264 -crf 23 kia_splash.h264"

Hi guys!  My first post!  I thought I would share something that I was struggling with over the past couple hours.  I downloaded some of these great custom boot screens to test and they worked great.  Then I tried firing up iMovie to make my own video, and for some reason mine never displayed, even after converting it using the FFMPEG command that @hppeterson posted. 

I compared the videos and it turns out that the Raspberry Pi can only play in the pixel format `yuv420p` so I needed to specify that and it worked!  So, if case you are having similar problems, try to add the switch for the pixel format like this:

ffmpeg -i {source file}.m4v -pix_fmt yuv420p -an -vcodec libx264 -crf 23 { destination file}.h264
Brick 
I'm new to this but i would like to know step by step or a video, On how to make this so that i can do this i wold like one for Honda HRV and one for fire department. if some one could help me i would be most grateful. i have all windows pc's.
1. have a video
2. prepare video (ie. online converter to RAW format h264)
3. copy video to your home folder per ssh (filezilla)

than use the given instruction:

- Move/copy the .h264 file "/usr/share/openautopro" -directory. (per SU)
- Create an backup of the original service file "sudo cp /etc/systemd/system/openautopro.splash.service /etc/systemd/system/openautopro.splash.service.bk"
- Edit the service file "sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/openautopro.splash.service"
- Change enviroment variable to match the name of the .h264 file e.g. "Environment="OPENAUTO_SPLASH_VIDEOS=/usr/share/openautopro/audi_splash.h264"
- Reboot and enjoy.
(03-28-2020, 09:45 AM)botswanabub Wrote: 1. have a video
2. prepare video (ie. online converter to RAW format h264)
3. copy video to your home folder per ssh (filezilla)

than use the given instruction:

- Move/copy the .h264 file "/usr/share/openautopro" -directory. (per SU)
- Create an backup of the original service file "sudo cp /etc/systemd/system/openautopro.splash.service /etc/systemd/system/openautopro.splash.service.bk"
- Edit the service file "sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/openautopro.splash.service"
- Change enviroment variable to match the name of the .h264 file e.g. "Environment="OPENAUTO_SPLASH_VIDEOS=/usr/share/openautopro/audi_splash.h264"
- Reboot and enjoy.
Is there a set time limit for the h264 file? and what software do i need to convert raw to h264?
http://www.convertfiles.com/convert/vide...o-264.html
Hi All, the instructions in the thread enabled me to create a splash screen logo for other Hyundai owners - see attached.

Attached Files
.zip   hyundai.zip (Size: 89.33 KB / Downloads: 6)