Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 6.1
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect Android Auto using WiFi
Can someone please help me figure out how to connect open Auto Pro to my phone using WiFi. I have started the head unit server and seem to need a device address but I'm not having any joy. It just says Android Auto not available so maybe I've got the wrong IP address?
(07-29-2019, 10:58 PM)Richo Wrote: Can someone please help me figure out how to connect open Auto Pro to my phone using WiFi. I have started the head unit server and seem to need a device address but I'm not having any joy. It just says Android Auto not available so maybe I've got the wrong IP address?

Hi Richo, have you reviewed the User Guide?
Thanks, Frank
Carputer Detail   Parts List
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 w/ Bose & Onstar
Although it's not a totally hands-off solution...

I turned on the hotspot on my phone, connected OAP to that network, then simply selected the Gateway choice. Connected with no hassle. Android Auto Head Unit Server does need to be started.
Hi new to the AA system. Busy with as many of you with a in car head unit replacement. Not yet installed firt trying to make everything work.

Issue at hand I tried connecting via wifi to AA but seems like I can not find the "Head unit server" activation in my samsung S9+. Developer mode is activated on my phone. But still no opinions on dropdown in the AA

TIA
(02-10-2020, 08:38 AM)Likewaan Wrote: Hi new to the AA system. Busy with as many of you with a in car head unit replacement. Not yet installed firt trying to make everything work.

Issue at hand I tried connecting via wifi to AA but seems like I can not find the "Head unit server" activation in my samsung S9+. Developer mode is activated on my phone. But still no opinions on dropdown in the AA

TIA

Android Auto application has separated developer mode independent of developer mode of the phone. In order to activate it you have to tap Version field several times in Android Auto app settings.
Thanks will test when I'm back at my workstation.