Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 8.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth connect/reconnect interface lag
Hi,

This may be normal, but I wasn't sure so wanted to reach out.

I have been working on my first OpenAuto project and am replacing a head unit in an e39 BMW 5 series. I am using the recommended Panda Bluetooth adapter which works perfectly in Android Auto and other elements of the system.

However, after a fresh boot, or after I disconnect my phone via BT and reconnect via BT, there is a noticeable freeze on the OpenAuto interface whilst the connection to the phone is being made. None of the on-screen buttons works for 5-10 seconds. Is this normal? My phone is a Samsung Galaxy note 8.

It's not a major deal, it just adds time to the initial boot which in total is taking about a 1min and 10 secs.

My install is the OpenAuto image, and all I have done is to update the OS.

Thanks for any help.

Andy
Yo ese problema lo tengo con el bluetooth interno de la raspberry cuando comparto internet por bluetooth entre el móvil y la raspberry. Se inicia Openauto y tarda sobre 10 segundos en ser funcional el táctil de la pantalla.
Si no comparto internet por bluetooth, el táctil de la pantalla en Openauto no tiene retardo.

I have this problem with the bluetooth of the raspberry when I share the internet via bluetooth between the mobile and the raspberry. Openauto starts and it takes about 10 seconds for the touch screen to be functional.
If I do not share internet via bluetooth, the screen touch in Openauto has no delay.
Vigo, Galicia, España.
You mean touch screen in Android Auto or in OpenAuto Pro?
(07-19-2019, 01:35 PM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: You mean touch screen in Android Auto or in OpenAuto Pro?
Hi Daniel,

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Yes, I mean the touchscreen in OpenAuto Pro.

So for example, first boot. If I turn my phone BT off, as soon as the OpenAuto Pro interface loads it is responsive.
If I take the same scenario...with BT on with my phone, as soon as the OpenAuto interface loads, you can add about 10 seconds on before yon use it. 

Does that make sense?

Thanks

Andy
Thanks A_Full, I will give that a try.

Andy
Really sorry A_Full, this is a stupid question, but...

when you say disable internet sharing, do you mean on the Pi itself? If so how?

Internet sharing on my phone via BT is already disabled.

Really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Andy
+1 @bluewave
I have the exact same experience. On a fresh boot when open auto pro first loads I see a notification that Bluetooth is connected to my iPhone. For about 10 seconds touchscreen does not work nor can I use the keyboard. I am using a raspberry pi 3B+, openauto pro 3.3.1, and an iPhone 6s+
Thanks, Frank
Carputer Detail   Parts List
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 w/ Bose & Onstar
(07-19-2019, 04:49 PM)andyc1864 Wrote: Really sorry A_Full, this is a stupid question, but...

when  you say disable internet sharing, do you mean on the Pi itself? If so how?

Internet sharing on my phone via BT is already disabled.

Really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Andy
El traductor de google debió traducir mal.

Mi problema es igual que el que comentais, yo comparto internet por bluetooth con la raspberry y me pasa que al iniciar OPA se congela sobre 10 segundos. Si trato de pulsar cualquier parte de la pantalla tarda más de esos 10 segundos, como si estuviese pensando o poniendo en cola las acciones.

The google translator must have translated badly.

My problem is the same as the one you are commenting on, I share internet via bluetooth with the raspberry and it happens to me that when starting OPA it freezes over 10 seconds. If I try to press any part of the screen it takes more than those 10 seconds, as if I were thinking or queuing the actions.
Vigo, Galicia, España.
Hi again.

I have had a play and have noticed that if on my phone I disable access to contacts, the lag issue disappears. As soon as I re-enable access, and reboot/re-connect BT the lag and screen freeze is back.

Andy
Ive used a generic external bluetooth 4.0 USB adaptor and the onboard RPI 3B+ bluetooth option and havent really noticed any issues in delay. (phone is a Samsung Galaxy 9).
A friend has also tried his Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with no issues.

However, I do find randomly that the RPI wont auto connect to the phone, but I put that down to bluetooth "reliability" (insert sarcasm, hehe)

If you use a different phone does it still do it? Sounds like it might be a bluetooth dongle issue.