Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 8.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth doesn't auto reconnect
I've set a 15min delay shutdown on my Pi for when I make a quick stop at petrol station etc. I've noticed that during this time when I take my phone with me it will become out of range and disconnect from bluetooth. The problem is it doesn't reconnect when I return to the car. I believe this is a limitation of the Raspian OS where it stops looking for the trusted device.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this?
(06-29-2019, 01:15 PM)dreamvictim Wrote: I've set a 15min delay shutdown on my Pi for when I make a quick stop at petrol station etc. I've noticed that during this time when I take my phone with me it will become out of range and disconnect from bluetooth. The problem is it doesn't reconnect when I return to the car. I believe this is a limitation of the Raspian OS where it stops looking for the trusted device.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this?
I'm using the 1+T, it will auto reconnect I be-leave. What phone are you using?. I could be wrong as I have only bench tested my setup. I had to add the RPI to a trusted device list. I think that is an android feature.
The BT auto connection works fine. Please check your phone setting. Make sure that Rpi with OpenAuto Pro is a trusted device or similar settings (it depends on the phone model).