Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 5.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to turn off OpenAuto splash image
How can I turn off the Bluewavestudio OpenAuto splash image that is shown once OpenAuto starts after Raspbian has been started? Can I just change an image file or a config setting?

Keen to have a blank screen or custom for the car brand.
This is not matter of OpenAuto Pro but Raspbian OS.

Just google it: rpi splash image
Are you talking about the boot splash image? Or are you talking about when the open auto program starts with the desktop in the background?
Thanks, Frank
Carputer Detail   Parts List
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 w/ Bose & Onstar
(06-11-2019, 06:34 PM)frankpintosr Wrote: Are you talking about the boot splash image? Or are you talking about when the open auto program starts with the desktop in the background?
I am talking about the Android Auto Pro splash image, not the Raspian boot image (yes, I can change that one easily).

Please let me know how to change the Bluewave Android Auto Pro image
There is no something like 'Android Auto Pro'.

If you mean OpenAuto Pro splash screen - this cannot be changed by the user.
FWIW, heres how to change the OS Boot image, but not the software splash image. While I don't expect to see it often, I thought it added a nice touch. OS isn't done by BlueWave, but the software/app is so I think its reasonable to keep their splash intact. It doesn't stay up for very long at all anyways!

If you update the OS background, the app's background AND the OS Boot image all to the same, it looks pretty nice and polished.

Updating the boot splash to a ram logo...
Code:
apt install imagemagick -y
curl http://getwallpapers.com/wallpaper/full/4/2/7/487588.jpg -o ram_logo.jpg
convert ram_logo.jpg -resize 800x480! ram_logo.png
mv /usr/share/plymouth/themes/pix/splash.png{,.bak}
cp ram_logo.png /usr/share/plymouth/themes/pix/splash.png