Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FM radio with RDS - your ideas for HW
I guess a new tab is the right solution. There you shold be able to choose FM or DAB. Tuned stations should be stored in a database. So you could also enter a different name for a station instead of the frequencie.

After DAB or FM selection the tuned statins should be listed. Maybe visible as icons as DAB for example send the radio icons.
@namatek Thanks for update. Good news. We decided that we will order device and give a try with application developmnet. Let's see, as for know, this seems to be the best choice on the market.

@Vitalic Thank you for your offer, however at the end we need device for dev, tests, etc so we will buy one.
Since we have the infrastructure now we will also dig into other DAB/DAB+/FM chipsets to be able to offer a variety of receivers from the market (using the same API!).
We have our own pick and place machine / assembly line so assembling of those units can be done in relatively small quantities.
However new units have a low priority on our side so it might take some months until sticks with other receiver chipsets will be available (if they qualify at all).
(07-30-2019, 01:38 PM)namatek Wrote: Since we have the infrastructure now we will also dig into other DAB/DAB+/FM chipsets to be able to offer a variety of receivers from the market (using the same API!).
We have our own pick and place machine / assembly line so assembling of those units can be done in relatively small quantities.
However new units have a low priority on our side so it might take some months until sticks with other receiver chipsets will be available (if they qualify at all).
What would be the benefit of exploring other chipsets? Is there some drawback to the one you're currently using?
(07-30-2019, 01:22 AM)namatek Wrote: Regarding FM HD we are waiting for some proper FM HD IQ Streams from the U.S. which we can put into our signal generator.

The current devices sold support FM/DAB/DAB+ we'll check about HD Radio once we can also verify the integration.
Neither in Taiwan nor Central Europe we have HD Radio, Norway maybe but that's also far from here.
I'll ask our contact at the chipset manufacturer tomorrow.

The application is still another story, if Bluewavestudio integrates it into their system it should be easy.
Maybe we'll integrate it into Kodi in the near future to make it easier.

I am in the US. For FM HD IQ streams, is this what your looking for?  RADIO IQ Radio Schedule
Thanks, Frank
Carputer Detail   Parts List
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 w/ Bose & Onstar
(07-30-2019, 03:47 PM)frankpintosr Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 01:22 AM)namatek Wrote: Regarding FM HD we are waiting for some proper FM HD IQ Streams from the U.S. which we can put into our signal generator.

The current devices sold support FM/DAB/DAB+ we'll check about HD Radio once we can also verify the integration.
Neither in Taiwan nor Central Europe we have HD Radio, Norway maybe but that's also far from here.
I'll ask our contact at the chipset manufacturer tomorrow.

The application is still another story, if Bluewavestudio integrates it into their system it should be easy.
Maybe we'll integrate it into Kodi in the near future to make it easier.

I am in the US. For FM HD IQ streams, is this what your looking for?  RADIO IQ Radio Schedule

No, I'm looking for raw samples eg. from a hack-rf device. Don't worry we'll get a stream somehow (we're just busy with some other projects now...)

>> What would be the benefit of exploring other chipsets? Is there some drawback to the one you're currently using?

If we don't test we'll never know.
For US HD FM, I can probably grab a raw IQ stream for you with my RTL-SDR if that would help.
That would certainly help if you can do.
namatek,

Here you go. These were captured with https://github.com/theori-io/nrsc5 on my RTL-SDR.

This zip contains 5 HD FM stations, each with multiple streams.

https://megaupload.is/J5Q4Wd24n4/HDFMSamples_zip