Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low voltage detected for custom power supply
I have a issure about low voltage detected

a 12 to5v convertor was used when I installed on my motorcycle
And power bank direct usb connect when testing at home

I use exactly the same power supply or the same power bank on the pi before
However, recently is start showing low voltage no matter which method

I have no idea which parts could goes wrong, any advice?

Thanks
If you get low warning using multiple methods that worked fine before, firstly I would check if you added peripherals or if your peripherals started doing more work and drawing more power.

If nothing changed, it might be the Pi itself (you could have damaged it, somehow). During my project development I managed to shortcut one pi and the only problem showing was that it was showing low voltage / high temperature readings and it couldn't cool off (it was reaching 90C).
I've seen this before. it's either the distance between the pi and 5v source has to many connections, wires too long or poor 5v power supply. Put a good buck converter right next to the pi set a 5.1v and feet it through all the grounds and both 5v pins.
(04-25-2021, 08:54 PM)KreAch3R Wrote: If you get low warning using multiple methods that worked fine before, firstly I would check if you added peripherals or if your peripherals started doing more work and drawing more power.

If nothing changed, it might be the Pi itself (you could have damaged it, somehow). During my project development I managed to shortcut one pi and the only problem showing was that it was showing low voltage / high temperature readings and it couldn't cool off (it was reaching 90C).

i got no change on any devices connected on it, seams its the pi itself?
I have a guess, which is bec i use a direct connect with my motorcycle battery, coz it got a switch

Maybe its when i turned Pi on first, and start the bike after it?
The large Ampere for the starter also flow through the 12v convertor and just burn it? maybe?

(04-25-2021, 11:54 PM)turbochris Wrote: I've seen this before. it's either the distance between the pi and 5v source has to many connections, wires too long or poor 5v power supply. Put a good buck converter right next to the pi set a 5.1v and feet it through all the grounds and both 5v pins.

tried with a 10cm cable connected with the converter,
or with a 2.6A power bank.
It just still showing it, really dont know why
measure the voltage right at pins 4 and 6, put something over pin 1 so you don't short it to pin 2 and kill your pi