Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 12
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Auto crash using satellite view
Hi,

I was using Android Auto within OpenAuto and tried the satellite view option.
This causes OpenAuto to crash. Not a big problem, as I dont want to use it anyway.
However everytime I try to open Android Auto is crashes again. So I cannot disable it?
Is there an option on the phone to disable this before starting? I cant seem the find anything.

Thanks in advance!
Looks like issue is related to your phone. Android Auto is crashing on the phone which result with unexpected behavior on head unit side. Please try clear cache/data of your Maps application, Android Auto application or do factory reset of your phone.

What do you mean exactly by OpenAuto crash? Does it exit to the desktop or just disconnects from Android Auto?
(01-13-2021, 03:25 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Looks like issue is related to your phone. Android Auto is crashing on the phone which result with unexpected behavior on head unit side. Please try clear cache/data of your Maps application, Android Auto application or do factory reset of your phone.

What do you mean exactly by OpenAuto crash? Does it exit to the desktop or just disconnects from Android Auto?

It disconnects from Android Auto. Sorry if it was unclear. I thought too the issue was on my phone side but didn't know where else to ask so tried a shot here. I did not think of clearing the maps app cache so will try that when Im home. Thanks!
(01-13-2021, 03:25 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Looks like issue is related to your phone. Android Auto is crashing on the phone which result with unexpected behavior on head unit side. Please try clear cache/data of your Maps application, Android Auto application or do factory reset of your phone.

The satellite view is now fixed but Android Auto still keeps crashing now when opening mapsĀ  Confused
It is not a problem of OpenAutoPro but do you maybe know if and where crash logs are placed so I can look myself what is going wrong?

EDIT: Found the logs Smile /home/pi/.openauto/cache/openauto.log
EDIT2: I found my issue. Setting the video resolution of Android Auto to 720p instead of 1080p made it crash Google Maps on startup.

It is a shame because the 720p layout looks way better imo