Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 12
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear View Camera not working
Let's summarize everything.

Did you enable camera in raspi-config tool?
Is the camera preview visible with Finder backend?
Is the camera preview visible with Finder backend with resolution set to 1280x720?
Is the camera preview visible with V4L2 backend?
Does the camera work with raspivid?
Did you do any modifications of /boot/config.txt file by hand?
(12-14-2020, 01:54 AM)Milton_P Wrote: Honestly, I gave up using the Pi Cam, I always had issues with it, the video was too dark, there's a blue tint or a red tint, the HDMI cable to run the camera from the trunk to the front alone is more expensive than a real reversing camera, so I just decided to buy a real reversing camera and connect it it to a USB Video Grabber, it just works without modifying anything, the camera I bought even comes with a wire for the trigger so I just used that wire to trigger the reverse camera in OAP, easy-peasy. I hope this information helps you to make the right choice for you.

Hello Milton, 

Can you please provide us the exact components that you used to make it work? 
It is one of the most asked question concerning rear camera as all rca to usb converter doesn't works nativly with OAP. 

Thanks in advance
As of version 12 you can use your own script or program (e. g. vlc or raspivid) to show video from the rear camera. Please have a look at configuration description https://bluewavestudio.io/community/showthread.php?tid=2042&pid=12046#pid12046
I had to Set Backend Type to "Finder" and use 1280 x 720 resolution using Raspi Cam v2.