Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 11
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Auto Connects but touchscreen is rendered useless
Hi I just recently got the software and I got it installed successfully and can connect my phone to the raspberry pi and I can get android auto to launch however I don't have the ability to control any of the features in android auto except to go back out to main menu of openauto pro software

My Specs:
Raspberry PI 3 (I know the recommended is a Raspberry PI 4 2gb but this is what I had and thought I could make it work)
Storage 16gb
External usb sound card 
External bluetooth adapter (ZexMTE)
A usb C cable for my phone
Phone used is a One Plus 7t.

I would like to try to get the application to work with the raspberry pi 3 first but if I can't get it to work with the 3 I will buy a 4. Please help me solve this for this device and only suggest an upgrade if that is the last option.

What screen are you using? Does it work well in OpenAuto Pro (not Android Auto) user interface?
(09-16-2020, 05:14 AM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: What screen are you using? Does it work well in OpenAuto Pro (not Android Auto) user interface?
I am using the screen kuman 5 inch Resistive Touch Screen with the rest of the interface it works fine with no issues and can display everything properly.

Link for the screen:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L9XM11M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 
What happens when you change max_framebuffers=2 to max_framebuffers=1 (all occurrences) in /boot/config.txt file?
(09-16-2020, 08:05 PM)BlueWave Wrote: What happens when you change max_framebuffers=2 to max_framebuffers=1 (all occurrences) in /boot/config.txt file?
After changing the buffer to 1 I can only access the dropdown for the volume and brightness I can't access anything else on the screen when android auto is launched but when I disconnect the phone from the raspberry pi I can access everything else just not when it was connected through android auto
Is "Use touchscreen in Android Auto" option enabled in Settings -> Android Auto -> System?

Edit:
Does your screen support multitouch? Please change screen type from multi to single touch in Settings -> System and do the retest
(09-16-2020, 10:48 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Is "Use touchscreen in Android Auto" option enabled in Settings -> Android Auto -> System?

Edit:
Does your screen support multitouch? Please change screen type from multi to single touch in Settings -> System and do the retest
It is resistive touch and it is single touch. I got it to work but barely I will try a different screen with the raspberry pi any suggestions?