Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 11
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
audio over hdmi openauto pro oap 10
I previously had audio working over hdmi out in oap 7. I accomplished this by using the instructions here: https://bluewavestudio.io/community/show...hp?tid=551

After updating to oap 10, I don't have audio anymore.

I purchased a hifiberry dac+, but can't get that working on oap10 either.

From a hardware perspective I should either be able to use hdmi output or the dac over rca.

Any help?
You have to use external sound card, as stated in System requirements for OpenAuto Pro software.

HiFiBerry product itself has recently some issues with new Raspberry OS kernel:
https://bluewavestudio.io/community/showthread.php?tid=1870&highlight=HiFiberry
Let me rephrase. I have an external sound card, because I need it for the usb microphone - I know it is a requirement. In fact, I have two of them - both the hifiberry dac and an Andrea communications usb card. But the problem is that I preferably need audio to be able to go over hdmi. Is it possible to use the card itself to do the dac, but have the resulting audio go over hdmi, even if it is an external card?

And why was the onboard card still working until oap 7? Hasn't the external sound card been a requirement for longer than that?
(09-14-2020, 07:43 AM)Daniel_BlueWave Wrote: You have to use external sound card, as stated in System requirements for OpenAuto Pro software.

HiFiBerry product itself has recently some issues with new Raspberry OS kernel:
https://bluewavestudio.io/community/showthread.php?tid=1870&highlight=HiFiberry
Just following up here. As noted above, I understand this requirement. The question is whether it is possible to push sound through HDMI. I have two external sound cards that can do the processing.
OpenAuto Pro is installed on top of regular Raspberry PI OS. Looks like question is more specific to the Raspberry PI OS. Did you try to ask for support on PI foundation forum?
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...one%20jack.
"The glass is twice as big as it needs to be".
(09-18-2020, 05:41 PM)BlueWave Wrote: OpenAuto Pro is installed on top of regular Raspberry PI OS. Looks like question is more specific to the Raspberry PI OS. Did you try to ask for support on PI foundation forum?

It's not a rpi os problem, or at least not obviously. I confirmed today that the card itself works fine on the rpi os itself that is running openauto - got confirmation I can get audio through the hifiberry dac plus if I'm listening to YouTube over chromium. 

I can confirm if I boot with
Quote:#dtparam=audio=on
dtparam=audio=off
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
force_eeprom_read=0
 that the hifiberry works on a very recent build of raspberry pi os, even when the Andrea communications usb card and pican2 is attached simultaneously.

If I plug the hifiberry card into an rpi 3 without the Andrea communications device or the pican2 and run it with my open auto build config, it also works.

However, if I try to run it on my rpi4 with the pican2, and the Andrea communications card, the hifiberry doesn't play audio (though I can get the Andrea card to output audio in this configuration).  The hifiberry device shows up, including if I use
Quote:aplay -l
Though if it matters it doesn't show on pulse audio.

Any thoughts?

I'll try tomorrow to comment out the pican2 stuff to rule it out, but I don't think that's the issue.
(09-22-2020, 06:39 AM)lordloki Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 05:41 PM)BlueWave Wrote: OpenAuto Pro is installed on top of regular Raspberry PI OS. Looks like question is more specific to the Raspberry PI OS. Did you try to ask for support on PI foundation forum?

It's not a rpi os problem. I confirmed today that the card itself works fine on the rpi os itself that is running openauto - got confirmation I can get audio through the hifiberry dac plus if I'm listening to YouTube over chromium. 

Please also try with Pulseaudio - it is part of Raspberry PI OS that is not pre-installed by default.
(09-22-2020, 06:46 AM)BlueWave Wrote:
(09-22-2020, 06:39 AM)lordloki Wrote:

It's not a rpi os problem. I confirmed today that the card itself works fine on the rpi os itself that is running openauto - got confirmation I can get audio through the hifiberry dac plus if I'm listening to YouTube over chromium. 

Please also try with Pulseaudio - it is also part of Raspberry PI OS that is not pre-installed by default.

Sorry, looks like we posted at the same time. Somehow my full post didn't go through. I just updated it. Short answer is that I don't see the hifiberry in pulse audio. Is there something I'm supposed to do to see it there?

Btw, just to clarify, I've dropped the idea to push through HDMI for now.