Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 11
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenAuto Pro version 10 is available
(08-13-2020, 07:42 PM)Oioiandy Wrote: I've updated to 10.. found my amp2 lost its configuration on the boot file and got black listed again..

Also had to tweak asla for the equalizer to work again..

Apart from that it's all good...

If you can get a obdlink mk101 Bluetooth dongle working would be great than The elm272

We answered in another topic that mentioned adapter is backward compatible with ELM327 (according to the data sheet). It should work out of the box.
I like the update, thanks Bluewave. The look feels more modern now but I don't like that the font is so small now. Is it possible to resize the font in a future update?
I am still on version 3.2.2. Can I just run the update script to update to version 10 if I am that far behind?

Also, I have sent an email to request the upgrade but no response so far.
(08-16-2020, 10:10 PM)mikiano Wrote: I am still on version 3.2.2. Can I just run the update script to update to version 10 if I am that far behind?

Also, I have sent an email to request the upgrade but no response so far.

This version is too old. You must reflash your SD card. Update script is available as of version 4.0.
I installed OAP 10 on my Pi 4b with hifiberry AMP2 DAC. As reported previously, the DAC was not picked up in the install. Editing the audio config file fixed the issue and I was able to manually set the pi to the AMP2 sound config. Other than that, it works out of the box. I like that the sound control drop down arrow is now in the upper right corner on all screens, even AA. And I really like the AA connectivity now. Its seamless compared to 9.1 This might be the last version I install. I can't think of what else I need that this doesn't already do. Thx.
Good job on bringing OBD Gauges feature! I like also the new UI design and general improvements, but...

Sound quality dropped, significantly. Cracks over BT streaming are unacceptable to listen, only sound with Android Auto is good enough to listen, but it still have cracks. Sound on OA 9 was perfectly fine, now it got worsen. I tried to change sound codec on my phone, but the improvement is marginal.
Car modification enthusiast, riding on Audi A3 8P 2012
https://www.a3-club.net/forum/showthread...ortback-8P

IT guy with truck driving licenseĀ  Cool
(08-21-2020, 08:47 PM)peetereczek Wrote: Good job on bringing OBD Gauges feature! I like also the new UI design and general improvements, but...

Sound quality dropped, significantly. Cracks over BT streaming are unacceptable to listen, only sound with Android Auto is good enough to listen, but it still have cracks. Sound on OA 9 was perfectly fine, now it got worsen. I tried to change sound codec on my phone, but the improvement is marginal.

It might be related to the latest kernel update of Raspberry PI OS. Nothing changed but that in scope of the system configuration. Please try to redo pairing with your phone and RPI. We did not notice any issues on Hifi Berry and USB sound cards.

If you are using PI3 it might be related to the limited performance that we mentioned in blog post. Obd2 feature is the one that requires huge computing resources.
(08-21-2020, 08:54 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 08:47 PM)peetereczek Wrote: Good job on bringing OBD Gauges feature! I like also the new UI design and general improvements, but...

It might be related to the latest kernel update of Raspberry PI OS. Nothing changed but that in scope of the system configuration. Please try to redo pairing with your phone and RPI. We did not notice any issues on Hifi Berry and USB sound cards.

If you are using PI3 it might be related to the limited performance that we mentioned in blog post. Obd2 feature is the one that requires huge computing resources.

I was not running gauges, while hearing the cracks. I suspect kernel issue more. Anyway I'm planning upgrade do Pi4, hoping for performance improvements.
Car modification enthusiast, riding on Audi A3 8P 2012
https://www.a3-club.net/forum/showthread...ortback-8P

IT guy with truck driving licenseĀ  Cool
Bluewave you guys rock idk why everyone elses is having such issues ive been updating from the terminal since version 7 with no issues and im running a hifi 2 with USB Bluetooth and USB soundcard with microphone and everything works perfect including my splash screen and my audio for my splash screen from a old chevy commercial like a rock bhahaah I took it 2 the chevy dealer and they tripped out when they say my setup also i have all my steering wheel buttons working thats also because I use a single din stereo as a speaker anp /volume control / source control and turn the pi on as i need too im working on a security setup when my truck is bummed or detects motion my pi will wake up from a sleep state and record from my rear view cam my dash cam and my front bumper camera
So ive updated to OAP 10 and now my bluetooth wont let and device stay connected, it will let them pair but after that it disconnects. the funny thing is that when I do a full reinstall of the sd card image the bluetooth works on first boot but that after a reboot its back to not connecting. I am using the Insignia bluetooth adapter at this link https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-bl...Id=4884001