Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 10
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microphone not working over bluetooth.
Greetings,

My first inclination is to assume my dongle is a Broadcom chipset. But I will say that the open auto successfully plays sound from my phone to my speakers through Bluetooth connection. Given this is the case it would seem to me that the Bluetooth adapter is working. 

In setting I changed android auto Bluetooth setting to be 'local' I believe the option is. Rather than none or remote.  But still on voice calls my callers cannot hear my voice. 

Thank you for any advice.
Broadcom chips have problems with routing SCO data. SCO data in a nutshell are voice from the microphone or voice of the caller. Working music playback unfortunately do not say anything about HFP profile operability. Please try to switch to CSR 4.0 dongle.
(07-28-2020, 08:26 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Broadcom chips have problems with routing SCO data. SCO data in a nutshell are voice from the microphone or voice of the caller. Working music playback unfortunately do not say anything about HFP profile operability. Please try to switch to CSR 4.0 dongle.

So you're saying even if the Bluetooth successfully handles music from my phone to the device it may have an issue with microphone routing? I know this is a known issue, (didn't before I bought the part) but I have seen you guys tell people time and time again. 

I tried to figure out if it's a BCM but I cannot seem to find anywhere that specifies whether it is or is not.