Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 10
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touches with Screen mirroring
Greetings all,

I have previously posted here about screen mirroring, bluewave told me that there is no native way to mirror touches from the touchscreen to the phone. I would have edited that topic but the topic was closed so I posted here instead, sorry for double posting.

I did some homework and found that there are other solutions. The one I found is called Scrcpy shortened from screencopy, that using a tcp server and connects to phone over ADB bridge. It's not perfect in it's current form but does do the job of connecting and emulating screen touches on the phone.
Thanks for sharing. As far as we know mentioned solution is using some additional APK installed on the phone. We simply do not want to force our users to install software on their phones that we are not authors. Mentioned APK uses Android mechanisms that are designed to be used only for testing purposes. It means that any app on the phone can access and simulate touch inputs which is not good from the security point of view.
No installation on the phone side. It's through ADB so you need to allow debugging but you do for many features in many other settings.
Do you use Android 10 device? If no, then touch will also work in OpenAuto Pro mirroring. Touch is not supported as of Android 10. If your phone with Android 10 supports touch simulation via ADB it only means that manufacturer does not stick to the Google security recommendations.
(07-28-2020, 08:30 PM)BlueWave Wrote: Do you use Android 10 device? If no, then touch will also work in OpenAuto Pro mirroring. Touch is not supported as of Android 10. If your phone with Android 10 supports touch simulation via ADB it only means that manufacturer does not stick to the Google security recommendations.
S9+ works yes.