Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 9.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reverse camera video through hdmi, question
Greetings,

Can anyone give any advice on how to force video through HDMI, on my raspberry pi.

What has happened is I have an RCA cable that connects to a longer RCA extension from the back of my car where the camera is placed.  It is a 12v camera which I will connect to the reverse trigger wire in front of the car, and then take that voltage from 12v to 5v with a buck converter, and route that 5v to the GPIO pin listening for voltage to trigger through the program the activation of the camera. (my plan and hope anyway).

Currently I have an RCA to hmdi converter, which takes that extended RCA to HDMI, then HDMI goes to the pi.

What I have tried:

uncommented on /boot/config.txt the 

hdmi_group= 1
hdmi_group= 1

and tried zero for both too.

Any ideas on how I can get the video to drive into the pi screen. I am open to just using the RCA cable that comes with the camera if anyone has any ideas, or open to other ways to accomplish this goal. Thank you!

For reference I have the touchscreen made by raspberry pi, and a  raspberry pi 4.
I don't understand your question very well.
Where are you connecting the hdmi cable to the RPi?
Do you have a capture card with HDMI input?

By the way, don't try to connect 5v to the GPIO pins. The maximum voltage allowed by the GPIO is 3.3v.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio.../README.md
The setup is this:

eRapta backup camera 12v connect to the +/- of the reverse lamp, with an additional yellow RCA cable that extends the length of the car. In the front because the pi doesn't have any way I know of to directly receive the RCA video feed, I bought an RCA-> HDMI converter. So from that comes an HDMI chord that then connects to the RPI.

This same yellow RCA cable has an additional red cord that is the trigger wire which I will wire with my reverse wire 12v, and then take that and step it down to 5v, which will then go to a GPIO pin that listens for a 5v signal and then starts the camera.

(06-29-2020, 08:11 AM)Great Wrote: I don't understand your question very well.
Where are you connecting the hdmi cable to the RPi?
Do you have a capture card with HDMI input?

By the way, don't try to connect 5v to the GPIO pins. The maximum voltage allowed by the GPIO is 3.3v.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio.../README.md

I wrote my reply before reading the bottom part. The reason I thought there was a 5v gpio pin on my RPI 4 is because the diagram seems to imply there is.  Am I wrong, or confused about this? If so please help me understand and thank you for the reply.

Here is the reference for why I thought it was okay to supply 5v:
https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2012/0...i-gpio-hea

EDITED: Great, I think I understand what you mean now. I thought all pins were GPIO pins, where what you were saying and it's true if I look at the diagram, that there are specific GPIO pins. If that's the case, my bad. Thank you again for the help.