Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 8.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear cam brightness and GPIO dim trigger
Hi guys,

Long time user here and just have a couple of things that I think would be good to have.

1. Ability to adjust camera display settings from within OAP, such as brightness etc. Currently my camera picture is too bright and I need to adjust the settings to something more viewable.

2. Ability to trigger screen dimming from GPIO going high. For example, using a DC to DC buck converter connected to the headlight circuit to automatically dim the display when the headlights are turned on.

Cheers,
Luke.
(05-18-2020, 05:41 AM)jzxpacky Wrote: Hi guys,

Long time user here and just have a couple of things that I think would be good to have.

1. Ability to adjust camera display settings from within OAP, such as brightness etc. Currently my camera picture is too bright and I need to adjust the settings to something more viewable.

2. Ability to trigger screen dimming from GPIO going high. For example, using a DC to DC buck converter connected to the headlight circuit to automatically dim the display when the headlights are turned on.

Cheers,
Luke.
for dimming i use a photo resistor and works great
https://github.com/dandydanny/PiAutoDim
Using the same "PiAutoDim" setup and it works flawlesly.
Raspberry Pi 4b-4gb / Official 7" touchscreen / OAP 5.0 / Honor 8x (AndroidAuto 5.) / USB sound card / USB microphone
I have a photoresistor but want the option to run it from a gpio trigger. I can write a script to do it but thought I would mention it on here I also as an option to include in OAP.
(05-18-2020, 05:41 AM)jzxpacky Wrote: Hi guys,

Cheers,
Luke.

For #2, instead of the DC-DC buck converter from the headlights to the Pi, maybe try an opto-isolator. Set the GPIO pin as active low, put the output side of the opto between GPIO pin and GND. Primary side, use datasheet of Opto-isolator to see recommended current, and calculate the required resistor to get that current based on an input of 11-15VDC. That will probably be cheaper, and require less space than a DC-DC or a relay.