Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 8.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi AA don't start
Photo 
Hello I install OAP 8.0 and I try to connect with my phone. The bluetooth connection it's ok beacause I can see my contacts and calls in OAP. ANd the wired connection work fine, but when I try to connect via wifi the OPA show the message connecting and stay like this for ever. I try to connect with IP but it says ANdroid auto currentry unavailable.
Harware:
-rpi 3b+
-bluetooth asus usb bt400
-audio usb(i don't know the brand but it works)
-power supply 5v 3A

My phone show this:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Asus Bluetooth dongles are based on Broadcom chip that is unsupported by OpenAuto Pro. It may cause similar issues. Could you please check if the problem exists with CSR4.0 (Cambridge Silicon Radio) dongle?
even it's connected and work's ok?
(05-15-2020, 07:17 AM)florinmarica Wrote: Hello I install OAP 8.0 and I try to connect with my phone. The bluetooth connection it's ok beacause I can see my contacts and calls in OAP. ANd the wired connection work fine, but when I try to connect via wifi the OPA show the message connecting and stay like this for ever. I try to connect with IP but it says ANdroid auto currentry unavailable.
Harware:
-rpi 3b+
-power supply 5v 3A

My phone show this:

Did you enable wireless connection both on phone and OAP settings?
Try with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Hotspot in OAP Wireless settings.

I used the same bluetooth dongle for a while and everything worked fine except HFP (wireless phone communication).
(05-15-2020, 08:02 AM)Great Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 07:17 AM)florinmarica Wrote: Hello I install OAP 8.0 and I try to connect with my phone. The bluetooth connection it's ok beacause I can see my contacts and calls in OAP. ANd the wired connection work fine, but when I try to connect via wifi the OPA show the message connecting and stay like this for ever. I try to connect with IP but it says ANdroid auto currentry unavailable.
Harware:
-rpi 3b+
-power supply 5v 3A

My phone show this:

Did you enable wireless connection both on phone and OAP settings?
Try with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Hotspot in OAP Wireless settings.

I used the same bluetooth dongle for a while and everything worked fine except HFP (wireless phone communication).
Yes. interesting when I try to connect via IP OAP show me the message: Android auto is currently unavailable.
I ordered a new bluetooth dongle, I will try with that next week
In order to connect via IP you have to activate Headunit Server in developer options of Android Auto application.
(05-15-2020, 09:47 AM)BlueWave Wrote: In order to connect via IP you have to activate Headunit Server in developer options of Android Auto application.
It works like this. This means I it's ok the bluetooth dongle?
Edit: I connected with the wire and I notice that google assistant work ok but I can't hear spotify
LE: Actually It work's via bluetooth, if I disconnect the cable I still hear music via bluetooth
(05-15-2020, 10:27 AM)florinmarica Wrote:
(05-15-2020, 09:47 AM)BlueWave Wrote: In order to connect via IP you have to activate Headunit Server in developer options of Android Auto application.
It works like this. This means I it's ok the bluetooth dongle?
Edit: I connected with the wire and I notice that google assistant work ok but I can't hear spotify
LE: Actually It work's via bluetooth, if I disconnect the cable I still hear music via bluetooth

Wireless Android Auto uses different Bluetooth service than music. Also connection VIA headunit Server does not use mentioned Bluetooth service.