Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 8.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connected Pro application
(05-17-2020, 03:15 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 01:57 PM)Chrisfromwa Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 09:50 PM)BlueWave Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 01:31 PM)Chrisfromwa Wrote: I accepted all the permissions when I installed the app,  I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling and seeing the same thing.
Bluewave,  should it say something there?

Could you please also take a screenshot for settings of the system-wide access to notifications?

Does the time synchronization feature work?

My clock is set via the GPS module,  and I don't really want to turn that off as it took me awhile to get it working.

Where is the system wide notifications options at?

It depends on the manufacturer. Please have a look at user manual of your phone.

I guess I'm not sure what it is you're wanting me to look up?
When I go into settings,  and type notifications.  Tons of different options come up.

Is this the screen you're wanting to see?
if not,  could you post an image of what you're wanting to see?  and I'll try and find it on my phone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/manyandroid...-settings/
so just went out to the car, and this time all my messages popped up under the notification bell. I hadn't changed anything, so not sure why it's working now, but it appears to be working.

one thing that would be nice in a future enhancement if possible, if you could click on the notification and read more of it. Like texts, just to be able to read the whole text would be awesome.

but overall, I love this new feature. Thank you for creating it.
Here is Connected Pro YT overview: https://youtu.be/YH-tmewTx8E
I followed the video and everything works except when I click connect on the phone, it shows connecting for a split second and then goes back to connect. I have been successful connecting over wifi but bluetooth would be preferred. My note 10 is connected to the pi 3b via bluetooth. I am on OAP 7, do I need to upgrade? Thanks for any help you can offer.
(05-20-2020, 01:47 PM)mischiefs2000 Wrote: I followed the video and everything works except when I click connect on the phone, it shows connecting for a split second and then goes back to connect. I have been successful connecting over wifi but bluetooth would be preferred. My note 10 is connected to the pi 3b via bluetooth. I am on OAP 7, do I need to upgrade? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Yes, Connected Pro application is compatible with OpenAuto Pro 8.0 and higher.
Just wanted to say, that after upgrading to Android 9 on my OnePlus 3T it works now. I don't think it was the update to Android 9, but the resetting of the phone and the fresh installation made the difference