Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 12
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Send music via bluetooth from OAP(external dongle) to audiocar SONY Bloutooth BT2600
Since version OAP 10 the situation has improved. There's no separate pulseaudio installation in /usr/local anymore.So it's much easier to enable a bluetooth sink out of the box.

Felow427: You don't need 2 bluetooth adapters for this.You can connect your phone and the car stereo with one bluetooth adapter at the same time.I use an external adapter, so the build in adapter can remain switched off.
(01-19-2021, 10:32 AM)Felow427 Wrote: Hi, 

any feedback on this thread?

I'm in the situation where I can't use any aux input to send audio to the audio car system.

I would like to use OAP 12 and AA with my phone, and send audio from AOP to audio car system with Bluetooth.

Is there any change that the in built RPI bluetooth can be enabled and connected to the audio car system with the external BT dongle connected with the phone?

I have requested such a feature as well, (phone connected with OAP bluetooth but music-audio streaming directly to car bluetooth, like it works for phone calls), but it hasn't been implemented yet.

In the meantime, I use Tasker on the phone and I connect to both OAP and car bluetooth. I stay connected to OAP as long as AA is loaded and working then change the primary connection to car bluetooth with Tasker. It works well, everything is working (music, phone calls, Google assistant, steering wheel controls)
(01-19-2021, 10:32 AM)Felow427 Wrote: Hi, 

any feedback on this thread?

I'm in the situation where I can't use any aux input to send audio to the audio car system.

I would like to use OAP 12 and AA with my phone, and send audio from AOP to audio car system with Bluetooth.

Is there any change that the in built RPI bluetooth can be enabled and connected to the audio car system with the external BT dongle connected with the phone?

Hi there,

Sorry for my delay in order to reply. I had to stop my research regarding Bluetooth and OAP because of the start of the academic year. I have already finished that  so, I am going to resume this matter. Let me some days to update my hardware and software, because it seem that OAP12 makes everything easier. By the way Felow427, what raspberry are you using? 3B+? 4?

All the best