Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 7.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot suggestions.
To shorten the boot time, you can't let it shut down in "Hibernate Mode" like Windows 98.

In addition, when running the application for the first time in Open Auto, the delay is severe. Is this due to CPU performance? Or is it because of the speed of memory?

I am booting with a USB stick and I am going to utilize an SSD in the completion stage.
(03-15-2020, 01:31 PM)prometheus Wrote: To shorten the boot time, you can't let it shut down in "Hibernate Mode" like Windows 98.

In addition, when running the application for the first time in Open Auto, the delay is severe. Is this due to CPU performance? Or is it because of the speed of memory?

I am booting with a USB stick and I am going to utilize an SSD in the completion stage.

Yes I was wondering if there where known ways of reducing cold boot time. 
Anyone know if using a faster r/w speed sd-card helps?
Any other ideas to test?
Mine boots in 30ish seconds cold. And I have "bootcode_delay=5" in my config.txt.

Using Raspberry Pi 4 (2gb)
Raspberry Pi 4b-4gb / Official 7" touchscreen / OAP 5.0 / Honor 8x (AndroidAuto 5.) / USB sound card / USB microphone
Code:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 1.221s (kernel) + 7.199s (userspace) = 8.421s
graphical.target reached after 7.159s in userspace

Big Grin  with SDD boot
(03-25-2020, 02:36 PM)botswanabub Wrote:
Code:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ systemd-analyze
Startup finished in 1.221s (kernel) + 7.199s (userspace) = 8.421s
graphical.target reached after 7.159s in userspace

Big Grin  with SDD boot
Waiting for official RPi4 USB boot so I can use it with SSD too.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...teeprom.md
I switched to a SanDisk Extreme SD and noticed a huge difference. Now Im sporting a 10 second bootup time. This is on a regular Pi 3B.