Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 6.1
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OAP 6.1 volume slider disabled [SOLVED]
Just installed 6.1 ... first issue is that I can't remember what I did to get the volume slider working in previous releases.  Amixer says "DSP Program" is the mixer.  That's not what I expected to see.  Otherwise I have full volume through HifiBerry AMP2 HAT and no way to turn it down.
(02-13-2020, 10:27 PM)Frank Wrote: Just installed 6.1 ... first issue is that I can't remember what I did to get the volume slider working in previous releases.  Amixer says "DSP Program" is the mixer.  That's not what I expected to see.  Otherwise I have full volume through HifiBerry AMP2 HAT and no way to turn it down.
Run the following command and paste the output..

Code:
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ amixer scontrols

You will then likely need to set MixerName= to the appropriate value for your sound card in the file /home/pi/.openauto/config/openauto_system.ini. You probably need to set it to MixerName=Digital
@ktb, thank you very much for your contribution to the forum. We really appreciate your help.

@Frank, it would be really important to post output of either amixer scontrols or amixer comand. In 6.0 version we implemented feature that should automatically pick up a mixer to control the volume. We have tested it with many sound cards and have not observed any issues. Output of mentioned commands will help us investigate potentatial issue (either with sound card or algorithm itself).
It works! I loaded "MixerName=Digital" in the .ini file and sound is now controlled. Thanks.