Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 6.1
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X400 Expansion board
Hi. Just instaled fresh OAP 6.0 and after some issues to configure Suptronics X400 amplifier board I can see two problems:

The speaker symbol is crossed out but  amplifier  works properly and can hear voice,
secondly when  I want  adjust  volume  only narrow level of volume is adjusted.

My hardware:

•Suptronics X400 EXPANSION BOARD(http://www.suptronics.com/xseries/x400.html)
• USB microphone
• Raspberry 3b+
Hello,
How do you adjust the volume level? If you see speaker with x symbol, it means that OpenAuto Pro did not detect any volume control. Does your device support volume adjustment?
Yes it has spare potentiometer on board it works as normal but I can change narrow level of volume on the screen on top bar as well.
Issue solved,Thanks Frank. Smile

(12-27-2019, 04:42 PM)Frank Wrote: Running Pi 4.0B with hifiberry Amp2 HAT

HIFIBERRY AMP2 WORKS! -- Beautiful Sound!

Here are the steps I took (some might not be necessary --- but what I've got now works !)
1.  Requested and installed OpenAuto version 5.0
2.  Setup snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus as DEFAULT card in rpi audio settings.
3.  Edited /boot/config.txt ... added to the file dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus  <= driver for amp2. yours might differ
4.  Edited /home/pi/.openauto/config/openauto_system.ini ... in the [Audio] section, go to "MixerName="  Add "Digital" (without the quotes).
5. Save and reboot

Step 4 "digital" -- I have no idea why that name works.  I tried Analogue and then snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus (rpi name of the card). When they didn't work, I tried "Digital" and it works!

My volume bar is now operative although it goes from zero to full blast in the last half inch.  Is there an adjustment somewhere that I haven't found?