Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 5.0
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OAP5 USB issues
Recently upgraded to 4 and then 5 and I haven't been able to get my set up working on either. It worked fine on the previous betas and release candidate. I went along with the suggestion of beefing up my psu, but it still will not recognise any of my USB devices. It also does not acknowledge the btswitch command as a real command, so I am unable to try that for the Bluetooth. Is there something else I should try? It go back to the last known working version and deal with being left behind?
OpenAuto Pro version 4 and 5 use the same Raspbian OS. There shouldn't be any issue with USB. First we suggest to reflash the image and check again. There is also not possible to use internal BT anymore, instead only external dongle must be used.
That would explain the command not working. Seems to be an issue with the powered hub. Fired up an sd card with the 3.2 RC and it works fine weirdly enough. I've got everything but the mic working on 5 now by directly plugging then in and using wireless AA. I'll keep trouble shooting.
Ok I've spent a few hours this morning trying to figure out what the issue here is. I still can't get my microphone working, AA by USB is temperamental as hell and I am getting points where OAP will just freeze up and not accept touch input. I've flashed a fresh image several times and still not dice. I now have everything plugged directly in to the pi, as when I use one of my powered hubs I get USB error -32 on boot. Is there any change in the way version 5 handles USB inputs or something I could be missing?
Also I have just noticed the volume is insanely low and there is a lot of static in the audio signal.  I am confident this is not a hardware issue, as I have tested the audio side with another device with no issues.  Are there volume settings I can access through the Raspbian desktop to increase the overall volume?
(01-13-2020, 03:20 AM)Jimny_Ryan Wrote: Also I have just noticed the volume is insanely low and there is a lot of static in the audio signal.  I am confident this is not a hardware issue, as I have tested the audio side with another device with no issues.  Are there volume settings I can access through the Raspbian desktop to increase the overall volume?

volume is low because the new equalizer's default setting is -10 (or maybe -5, cant remember). Just bump up the level to 0 on all freqs to return volume where it was in previous releases.
(01-13-2020, 07:05 PM)sonicxtacy02 Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 03:20 AM)Jimny_Ryan Wrote: Also I have just noticed the volume is insanely low and there is a lot of static in the audio signal.  I am confident this is not a hardware issue, as I have tested the audio side with another device with no issues.  Are there volume settings I can access through the Raspbian desktop to increase the overall volume?

volume is low because the new equalizer's default setting is -10 (or maybe -5, cant remember). Just bump up the level to 0 on all freqs to return volume where it was in previous releases.

Alright that definitely helped with the volume levels, but it is clipping hard now.  I am going to strip it all out of the car and try to figure out whether there is some kind of interference causing the audio to sound terrible.