Current version of the OpenAuto Pro is 9.1
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
OAP5 USB issues
#1
Recently upgraded to 4 and then 5 and I haven't been able to get my set up working on either. It worked fine on the previous betas and release candidate. I went along with the suggestion of beefing up my psu, but it still will not recognise any of my USB devices. It also does not acknowledge the btswitch command as a real command, so I am unable to try that for the Bluetooth. Is there something else I should try? It go back to the last known working version and deal with being left behind?
#2
OpenAuto Pro version 4 and 5 use the same Raspbian OS. There shouldn't be any issue with USB. First we suggest to reflash the image and check again. There is also not possible to use internal BT anymore, instead only external dongle must be used.
#3
That would explain the command not working. Seems to be an issue with the powered hub. Fired up an sd card with the 3.2 RC and it works fine weirdly enough. I've got everything but the mic working on 5 now by directly plugging then in and using wireless AA. I'll keep trouble shooting.
#4
Ok I've spent a few hours this morning trying to figure out what the issue here is. I still can't get my microphone working, AA by USB is temperamental as hell and I am getting points where OAP will just freeze up and not accept touch input. I've flashed a fresh image several times and still not dice. I now have everything plugged directly in to the pi, as when I use one of my powered hubs I get USB error -32 on boot. Is there any change in the way version 5 handles USB inputs or something I could be missing?
#5
Also I have just noticed the volume is insanely low and there is a lot of static in the audio signal.  I am confident this is not a hardware issue, as I have tested the audio side with another device with no issues.  Are there volume settings I can access through the Raspbian desktop to increase the overall volume?
#6
(01-13-2020, 03:20 AM)Jimny_Ryan Wrote: Also I have just noticed the volume is insanely low and there is a lot of static in the audio signal.  I am confident this is not a hardware issue, as I have tested the audio side with another device with no issues.  Are there volume settings I can access through the Raspbian desktop to increase the overall volume?


volume is low because the new equalizer's default setting is -10 (or maybe -5, cant remember). Just bump up the level to 0 on all freqs to return volume where it was in previous releases.
#7
(01-13-2020, 07:05 PM)sonicxtacy02 Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 03:20 AM)Jimny_Ryan Wrote: Also I have just noticed the volume is insanely low and there is a lot of static in the audio signal.  I am confident this is not a hardware issue, as I have tested the audio side with another device with no issues.  Are there volume settings I can access through the Raspbian desktop to increase the overall volume?


volume is low because the new equalizer's default setting is -10 (or maybe -5, cant remember). Just bump up the level to 0 on all freqs to return volume where it was in previous releases.


Alright that definitely helped with the volume levels, but it is clipping hard now.  I am going to strip it all out of the car and try to figure out whether there is some kind of interference causing the audio to sound terrible.
#8
Finally got around to trying a new sound card.  Definitely improved the situation, audio over AA is still pretty horrendous.  Managed to make Spotify through AA listenable by changing the volume adjustment setting to 'soft' in the Spotify app, but whenever Google chimes in with directions it is a 3000db, heavily clipped hate crime.  From what I can see, there is no way to adjust the volume there and I got around it being so much louder in my old setup by having Spotify and GPM adjusted to 'loud', but doing that here is causing serious clipping.
Any ideas on where to look next to try fixing this?  I'm stuck just using a2dp in the meantime.
#9
(01-13-2020, 03:20 AM)Jimny_Ryan Wrote: Also I have just noticed the volume is insanely low and there is a lot of static in the audio signal.  I am confident this is not a hardware issue, as I have tested the audio side with another device with no issues.  Are there volume settings I can access through the Raspbian desktop to increase the overall volume?
I had horrible static issues as well, first thing i did was have a second dedicated ground from the RPI to the chassis of the car using a self tapping , that helped clear it a bit. I then i added ferrite beads to the power lines coming into the RPI. Again that helped a little, the last thing i tried was adding a Ground Loop Isolator between the RPI and my Amp. Hope this helps.
#10
So after replacing everything, checking and shielding my wiring, I just gave in and dealt with Android Auto sounding terrible.
I've just installed 6.0 though and I just want to say that it is bloody awesome. Not only has the distorted, super loud Google Assistant settled down to her usual self, all of my audio quality is noticeably better than earlier today on 5.0. The ability to play locally stored music through OAP is fantastic as well and much safer to use while driving than Kodi to boot.
Cheers for your continued good work guys and I am super happy with OAP again, now my eardrums are safe.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)